1. rickfell-new

2. bestdamncab

bestdamncab

3. manny651

manny651

• A beautifully made wine that seems to be going through a closed stage. Acids come across as black cherry, and tannins are not at all prominent. Sleek and elegant, but nose and palate both seem oddly muted. Decanted for a day before drinking. I'll probably wait a year or two before opening my next bottle.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• What a great, classic cabernet

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• I purchased this in 2010. Every ACV wine that I've tasted has been delicious. This was an exception, but of my own doing. I slow-ox'd for 2 hours (I couldn't decant earlier in the day). If you plan on drinking this now, open the bottle, and/or decant at least 6 hours earlier. I say that because at 6 hours (10:30pm), the wine was really starting to show it's ACV stuffing. The first taste was 3 hours after opening. I thought the wine was not full bodied. It also had plenty of tannins showing. I tasted berries. After 4 hours, there was some sweetness to the wine. The tannins were fading as the night grew to a close.

I'm not sure how this affects my notes > I was told we were having meat for dinner. A last minute dinner change resulted in BBQ chicken. Needless to say I wasn't happy about drinking a cab with chicken.

If you're going to drink now > Decant. The '06 has a long life ahead of it. Score 91 based on how this was evolving through the night. What a shame that I couldn't taste the leftover wine on the next day.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• A bit raisoned on the nose, this is a ripe full wine. Tannins in balance, it's ready to drink. Drink now.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• i've been holding on to this bottle for years. Finally opened it, and it took some time to open up, however you could tell that this is some seriously good juice. Supersmooth powerful, fruit has subsided a bit but now it is very elegant. Dark cherries and currants and also a little bit green almost cab Franc like but not veggie. Long finish with spice and a bit of menthol, great cab

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment