1. rickfell-new

2. bestdamncab

bestdamncab

3. manny651

manny651

• Despite having mellowed over the past year, this is still simply a monster of a wine - in a good way. Big nose showing dark berry fruits and a lot of oak. Layered, deep, concentrated, rich, ripe blackberry and boysenberry fruit, and a huge structure with firm , slightly drying tannins and sharp-edged acidity. Full-bodied with a slightly rough texture. Finish is a bit clipped in comparison to all the power on the palate, but still very enjoyable. Very tight when opened, it needs plenty of airtime. Overall, massive and powerful, and still just a juvenile.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• Great well developed Cabernet. Nice ripe red fruits and smooth tannins . Loved it. Drink up!!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• A beautifully made wine that seems to be going through a closed stage. Acids come across as black cherry, and tannins are not at all prominent. Sleek and elegant, but nose and palate both seem oddly muted. Decanted for a day before drinking. I'll probably wait a year or two before opening my next bottle.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• What a great, classic cabernet

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• I purchased this in 2010. Every ACV wine that I've tasted has been delicious. This was an exception, but of my own doing. I slow-ox'd for 2 hours (I couldn't decant earlier in the day). If you plan on drinking this now, open the bottle, and/or decant at least 6 hours earlier. I say that because at 6 hours (10:30pm), the wine was really starting to show it's ACV stuffing. The first taste was 3 hours after opening. I thought the wine was not full bodied. It also had plenty of tannins showing. I tasted berries. After 4 hours, there was some sweetness to the wine. The tannins were fading as the night grew to a close.

I'm not sure how this affects my notes > I was told we were having meat for dinner. A last minute dinner change resulted in BBQ chicken. Needless to say I wasn't happy about drinking a cab with chicken.

If you're going to drink now > Decant. The '06 has a long life ahead of it. Score 91 based on how this was evolving through the night. What a shame that I couldn't taste the leftover wine on the next day.