1. NoTrollingerPlease

• I put this 2nd bottle aside for a special occasion and I wasn't disappointed. Out of the bottle, the wine is filled with dark fruit aroma, even my 4 yo. could picked up the scent of dark cherry out of it (btw, she loves her cherries, which is in season right now). On the palate, the fruit is complimented by black tea, dark coco, and velvety mouth feel. On my own cellaring condition, it is at its peak over the next year or 2.

• Nice wine! Doesn't seem like a nine year old. Very youthful and still lots of fruit. Will last for many more years yet. Beautiful drinking now but I wish I had another bottle to taste again in 5 years. Not a lot really in the secondary flavours yet. Everything was nicely balanced, if I had to pick a flaw I would say that maybe just a touch hot on the alcohol. However I was sad to see the end of the bottle. Just kept getting better and better over the 4-5 hours that I drank it over.

• Deep cherry red, almost black --- Nose minty, some cherry, elegant wood notes, some forest floor, some blueberries --- Palate smooth, then strong acidity, blueberry, chocolate, blackberry jam, tea aspects, some sour cherry, some saltiness --- Finishes quite long on fruity charachter, some tar and tannins. Anything but a boring, bold Australian Shiraz.

• Shiraz Tasting (@home): Decanting Time: 3h
    Glass: Riedel Shiraz
    Color: deep, dark purple red
    Nose: Intense, fruity, but elegant Nose, spices. A combination of the complexity of the Rockford SVS and the Stonewell fruitiness.
    Palate: Very powerfull, lots of ripe dark fruits, good acidity, tobacco, leather, minerality.
    Finish: long and complex
    Could easyly last for 10+ years, and may gain complexity

• Misterioso, imponente, floral jovem e introspetivo.

James Halliday Australian Wine Companion

NOTE: Some content is property of James Halliday Australian Wine Companion.