• Agree with Kirk Grant's note. Still not quite ready for prime time and will only get better. Not time to open yet but will definitely reward more cellaring.

• brown maroon, leathery red, little clarity, brickish hue
    Nose: plums, bitter cherry, cinnamon, leather, smoke, cigar, white pepper, oak, orange rind
    Pal: plums, apricots, cinnamon, leather, smoke, cigar, white pepper, oak, orange rind, thyme, acidic, some complexity
    Feel: full, savory
    Finish: long
    TC8

• a Superb wine indeed, and far exceeding my expectation. Very classy, aristocratic and elegant, yet with plenty of stuffing which shows off when reaching the palate. Sumptuous nose of small berries, nice wood, if anything a bit too much for my own personal taste, but nevertheless very well suiting the whole texture and the depth of the wine. Spice, leather, dark red roses, all mingle in the most harmonious way, with beautifully ripe fruits and none stand out really to make it so inviting for yet another sip. As the wine sat in the glass one could enjoy the aromas of endless charm, which makes you imagine the many, many different nuances it displays, but the huge presence on the palate kind of 'wakes' you up from the aroma world that you were being invited into... Cheers,

• With close to three hours in the decanter this wine is really lovely. It's still more of a beastly Burgundy than I've ever had...yet, it's also got the poise and elegance that slides in during the finish. I'd gladly buy another bottle of this to age. I'd also want to keep it sideways for 5 or 10 more years.

• Color: Bricked Ruby - One of the darkest Pinot's I've seen in my life.
    Smell: Funk, forest floor, mushrooms, with a lovely floral component to with with rustic notes that remind me of a farmer's old barn lingering in the back
    Taste: Velvety soft notes of a melange of red fruits, black cherry, tobacco, and black trumpets
    Overall: Outstanding!!! This has only been opened and decanted for 10 minutes presently. However, I can only see this getting better. There is oak present, but it's got a lovely balance to it. This medium-full bodied wine is much larger than I expected. yet there's an elegance to the power that is just lovely. I can only see this getting better with time sideways. I wish I had more of this. I'd love to see it in another 10 years.

• By Stephen Tanzer
    March/April 2005, IWC Issue #119, (See more on Vinous...)

(Domaine Perrot Minot Mazoyeres Chambertin Vieilles Vignes) Subscribe to see review text.

Burghound

• By Stephen Tanzer
    March/April 2004, IWC Issue #113, (See more on Vinous...)

(Domaine Perrot Minot Mazoyeres Chambertin) Subscribe to see review text.

Burghound

NOTE: Some content is property of Vinous and Burghound.