1. Matt Scott

2. tinker

tinker

3. rwerner

rwerner

• Aging well and still engaged, the '07 Two Acres does not disappoint. With a germane way into how well some '07s from Carlisle are aging, this is not ephemeral. flower shop, bar b q ash, iron and dried blueberry. Enjoyably acidic and in perfect consuming shape, with a nice long, polished finish. Drink now - 2020.

• PnP, mid weight nothing special jumped out. Tastes like a $25 Rhone blend. Nose really flat with nothing distinctive. Mid weight in the mouth with tart cherries to start and loads of crushed pepper to follow. I not big on this wine but I won't pan it either. Will let 1/2 bottle sit over night and see what happens.

• 4 years in between bottles, what is a long pause for me typically, I opened this y/day and drew off a glass for dinner, and at that time, was struck by the level of acidity here. Bright and lively, I would think too much for some people. Re-tasting today, there is fruit here, and I'd call the weight medium plus, not lean or austere at all. Dark cherry and blueberry are the fruit impressions, then some sweet leather, peat, and plenty of citrus rind. I find the total collection of flavors here unique, as the fruit and texture of it is classic Carlisle, suave and plush, yet the leather and acidic red fruit tones create a juxtaposition which just doesn't work all that well for me. As to where this will head, there is plenty of acidity here to carry the wine so this can rest a few more years, I suppose.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• This wine requires at least 4 hours in the decanter to fully blossom. It's a polygamist marriage of numerous varietals that all come together harmoniously. This finish deftly contains very fine tannins. I’m grateful there are not laws against polygamy in wine..

• Quite nice. Blue fruit and iron. Still young. Not as rustic as some of the other Two Acres I've tri'ed. I pulled the cork and let it breath for an hour or so before we tried it. I'd say it has another decade to go at least.

• By Josh Raynolds
    May/June 2009, IWC Issue #144, (See more on Vinous...)

(Carlisle Winery Two Acres Red Wine Russian River Valley) Subscribe to see review text.