1. shawnh

2. weingrenze

3. beachboyc

• Pleasant, tannins resolved, good value for the price I paid at Costco but not a wine to make a fuss about

• 4/9/2016 rated 89 points: Offered at tasting today at Dorothy Lane Market in Springboro, OH, sold for $35/750 ml. Interesting to compare it with another second wine, the Reserve d'Angludet 2009, a Margaux. served abpit 2 weelks before at the same venue at the same price. Of course this really isn't a second wine, but a wine made by some of the owners of Ducru-Beaucaillou, but not a classed growth.

Has good purple foam but has already faded away from the rim by about 5 mm. This has a fairly textbook St.-Julien nose of tobacco, salt pork, and thyme, seguing into cherries and tar. Entry is solid but a bit light in the mdi-palate, nice and juicy with moderate tannins. Perhaps just a bit too stylish but a good food Bordeaux for all that, one that would be a good choice in a restaurant if the tariff was not too steep. drink now-2020+

• Abit tight and lacking in fruit.

• Haven't drunked Bordeaux for quite a while. I think this is my first red Bordeaux over the past 1/2 year. Heard that this wine is the 3rd or 4th wine of Ducru. Cuz I can afford the first wine, I will go for the 3rd / 4th wine.

Based on the tasting note from cellar tracker, the drinking window of this wine is up to 2018. I think this wine can last for at least another 5 years. This wine has an attractive nose with cassis (both dark and red fruit). I think more than 1/2 of this wine is merlot. There are also aromas of herb (or barnyard), tobacco and cocoa. The nose is definitely more attractive than the palate. When I take the first sip, somehow I feel this wine is somewhat watery and not concentrated enough. There are still some sandy tannins attacking my mouth after I swirl the wine inside my mouth. And it has a long mineral aftertaste. I really like this wine given that I paid for only CAD$30 (<HK$200) for this. +5+13+15+8=91pts

• Upon opening and first tasting, it was tight with significant tannins, and the usual leather, tobacco, and briar flavors. But after decanting and being open several hours, it blossomed into a very pleasant and drinkable wine with bright cherry and red fruit flavors. A really nice Bordeaux.

View From the Cellar

NOTE: Some content is property of and View From the Cellar.