1. shapida

2. rwerner

rwerner

3. SineQuaNon

SineQuaNon

• Inky color and dark fruit flavors.

• I am going to call this bottle flawed. It's not nearly as good as the one several months ago that I tasted and wrote up. Instead, I find what rings like brett in this bottle, the first one I can ever recall from Mike having that inside. I don't like these aroma/flavor indicators in wines and I won't buy wines that are endowed with these. It's not overwhelming here but I noticed over dinner y/day and then retyring it today, it has a barynayrd, saddle note and I just decided to dump the last 4-5 ounces and wish it farewell. We drank an '11 Papa's Block next to this wine and the Papa's was perfect in all respects.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (2)

• Decanted for about an hour. Smoke, meat, funk, tar, but still the Carlisle blueish red fruit. There is plenty of fruit and structure here, and there is also a kind of old world rustic quality to it. This is a bit leaner than other Carlisles. I'm not sure if that is due to the varietal or something else, but if anything, I find it an improvement or better balanced.

• This is ready to go. Opened about 4pm, finished around 8pm. Listed at 14.1%, it's true to that #, as well. Plush yet soft, with iron, charcoal, mainly blackberry but a brushing of red tones, too. Finishes with some residual, light structure and chocolate. Great with the pizza we had tonight. I have one left, I will drink my other in the next year. Dark, approachable petite that works great on a mild, winter So Cal night.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• 2 bottles in my cellar and just drank one. Light and pleasant flavors but not deserving a 90 score. A bit thin on the mouth with not much complexity in the finish. Think this wine has peaked already. Just looked back at Mike Officer's release notes saying the wine will age for several decades. Suggest you drink these up now.