• VA on the nose. Undrinkable. Dale's first wine.

• Some 50 years ago my mother would take me when she made her social and check in calls on the widows that lived in the neighborhood. I remember that all of their houses’ smelled of sachet, potpourri, orange peels, earl gray tea, and vanilla extract mixed in with a little mustiness. The smell and taste of this wine reminds me very much of those smells. As others have noted, a beautiful copper color. Surprisingly crisp with very little oxidation. The last time I had the wine I could not think of a food to pair with it. This time we had the wine with chicken in peanut sauce. Great match.

• Light salmon color. Nose has spice, a little barnyard funk, and dustiness. The palate is spice, earth, wood, cranberry/sour cherry, and there's a slight sherry nuttiness, maybe from oxidation but maybe from the wood aging. A really complex and unique rose.

• Not your everyday wine ... clearly showing some signs of oxidation with a nutty, sherry-like nose. The palate is smoothe and intriguing but clearly an oddball wine. Try this wine for the curiousity not the deliciousness.

• Beautiful copper color. Voluptuous exotic nose of coconut cream with a little chocolate. On the palate this wine is rich, focused, and complex. If blind-folded I would definitely have thought it was a red wine. The flavor profile starts out with a really ripe exotic fruit flavor that I couldn't pin down and continues with blood orange, apricot, a touch of chocolate, and five or six other flavors I couldn't pin down. At the end, the intense flavors fade out really elegantly into a long finish that is light and alluring. Somehow it reminded me of the air just after it has rained in a flower garden.