1. deconstructoboy

2. Caxand

Caxand

3. slywka7

slywka7

• Starting to develop a nice golden color. Aromas of wet stone, pear, flowers and slate. This has a very nice acidity with flavors of pear, apple, mineral and a touch of spice. Very nice mouthwatering finish. Went perfect with the Chinese food. Better than the last time I had it. Shame it's my last bottle because this is drinking great right now.

• Tasted blind. The slight petrol scent gave this away to me as the wine I brought. The nose also had aromas of flowers with a hint of honey. I got a lot of mineral on the palate of this with some wet stone and a touch of green apple. I enjoyed this quite a bit and have one more bottle. Curious to see how this ages further. I gave this 92 points and it came in tied for 2nd on the night.

• Wonderful bouquet of Peach, Apricot, and Honeysuckle. Brisk acidity and slate on the palate suggests there is plenty of life left. No petrol.

• Our first experience with this producer. We purchased a 375 off the wine list at Canlis on the occasion of Lyn's birthday. All I can say is WOW. Beautiful gold color. Tingly, high-toned nose of strawberry, grass, minerals, and mountain flowers. Complex, nervy, rich palate evoking flavors of honey, vanilla, and pears. Lovely, haunting, long finish. Surprising amount of body and verve. Really delightful!

• By Stephen Tanzer
    July/August 2001, IWC Issue #97, (See more on Vinous...)

(Domaine Weinbach Riesling Schlossberg Cuvee Saint Catherine) Subscribe to see review text.