1. hankrophelia

2. Weston3220

Weston3220

3. odds

odds

• Black Cat 101 (Undisclosed Italian Location in NY, NY): I first had this one shortly after the release, and we’ve been following the development of this one for a while now :-)
    This time, we decided to put it on a solo show for starter. Goldish yellow, remains more on the bright gold side. Dry compare to other champs (which I like a lot) ,oak and fruits, or as one of the tasters said “glory in a bottle!”. Since this is the sixth time I’m having this one, I can’t really a lot more compared to previous notes, but I can certainly reinforce previous ones. Dry side champ, oak and fruits in first touch, more peach and lemon this time. Nice, long bubbles bubbles with long finish. We got few more of those in 2013, and I guess I under estimated how good this one would be because I believe we’re down to one or two bottles left, while this champagne still has years ahead of it to live and be enjoyable.

So, to sum- consistent with previous notes. Probably the most reliable champagne I can think of.

Vote by the bottle- empty bottle. Too bad we're running low on this one.

• Great mousse. This was delicious with sushi. Very full body, lemon , hint of red fruit and brioche. Nice rich finish. Balanced but rich.

• Cepages Holiday Tasting: Champagne & Riesling (New York City): Drank at Cepages holiday tasting. Seemed a bit oxidized on opening. Lots of toast and biscuit on the nose. Quite yeasty, nutty & lots of caramel (denoting this oxidized style). Seemed like more than a 50/50 blend to me, as I found pinot to be predominant. Medium bodied, very creamy and fairly rich. Well made champagne but not my favored style.

• Once again, Champ of the night. This time, standing for a good 'fight' alongside eight other bubbly bottles.
    As always, goldish yellow, more on the bright gold side. Dry ,oak and fruits. Very consistent with previous notes. Probably the most reliable champagne I can think of. It does need few minutes to open up (maybe even longer than last year). Great champagne a bit more on the dry side.

(94-95. To date three times 94, twice 95)

• A Randy Birthday (The Straits Wine Company @ UE Square): Appearance is clear, pale intensity, yellow gold colour, fine bubbles, medium effervescence.
    Nose is clean, medium+ intensity, with aromas of toast, biscuit, and citrus lemon. Developing.
    On the palate, dry style, high acidity, medium alcohol, medium body, medium finish. Flavours of toast, biscuit and citrus lemon. Citrus fruit becomes a bit richer and slightly creamy with more air.
    Very good quality. Will improve with further ageing. Easy drinking now.

Champagne Warrior

View From the Cellar

• By Josh Raynolds
    November/December 2012, IWC Issue #165, (See more on Vinous...)

(Pierre Paillard Bouzy Grand Cru Millesime Brut) Subscribe to see review text.

View From the Cellar

ChampagneGuide.net

RJonWine.com

• By Richard Jennings
    10/20/2013, (See more on RJonWine.com...) 92 points

(Pierre Paillard Champagne Brut Millésimé Grand Cru) From magnum - light medium yellow color with abundant, steady, tiny bubbles; yeasty, poised, tart apple nose; tasty, poised, yeasty, tart apple, mineral palate; medium-plus finish 92+ points

NOTE: Some content is property of Champagne Warrior and View From the Cellar and Vinous and ChampagneGuide.net and RJonWine.com.