• A terrific Nebbiolo/Barbera blend with a touch of Syrah and Cabernet. Ripe fruit, typical for the vintage, elegant cherry aromas, oak, vanilla and cedar wood. Tastes 5 times with consistent notes. Still very good. Long finish. Great elegance. Drink through 2011.

• My first experience with a bottle from my cellar that is past it's prime... I have one more left so I'll be interested to see how it is. It's been in my cellar for a long time, so maybe it's just bad cellar practice rather than the wine. Slight vinegar nose, and vinegar note with the fruit when first opened. After decanting for four hours it's drinkable. Full bodied fruit, very mellow finish, but still a slight off note. Would have liked to let it sit longer to see if it came into it's own, but the rest of the party scarfed down pretty quickly at that point. This was the next to the last of a four bottles that I bought at the same time...I don't have notes, but my recollection is the first two bottles were excellent.

• Really impressive aromas to start, red fruit and rose petals. Tightly structured for right now making it tough to fully assess its potential. Tart cherry comes through on finish. Give to 2006 or later.