1. ricknroll

2. sushihome

sushihome

3. lrcasey

lrcasey

• Needs to breathe. Fruity flavors emerge after breathing. Nice combination of grapes. Tough to tell which one emerges in your mouth.

• Pseudo tasting note since I drank it a couple weeks ago: Nice plush red, probably had maybe another year in it although it has likely peaked for the 2006 vintage.

• Tonight, once again I pop the cork on a bottle of A to Z Chemin de Terre ... sadly this is my last bottle of this totally delicious wine and I am so happy that I waited to give it one last go. The last time I opened a bottle was in August 2010, before that it was July 2010 and then at some earlier times (because at one point I had 5 bottles of this wine in my cellar). This really is a kitchen sink wine as it had about 7 or 8 different varieties in the blend, and some you never would have pegged to be grown in Oregon (Sangiovese anyone?). But now some 7 years from vintage date I can tell you the wine has held up extremely well and currently has smoky blackberry notes with cassis and black cherry, lots of fruit left in it for a wine of this age - it was smooth, elegant and really sexy in the glass. I know we had some people come over and I have to tell you I have no idea what they drank - I just know I enjoyed this.

• Excellent blend! Dark berries, medium to bold flavor, the second half of the bottle was better by day 2. I will be buying this bottle again. It's a great price and a 2006

• Forward cherry, sage and brick aromas. Followed by forest floor, mushroom, cranberry, leather and sage flavors. Offers some lively acidity. Incomplex, still plenty of fruit and earth in balance.
    Drink now

JancisRobinson.com

NOTE: Some content is property of JancisRobinson.com.