1. Nanda

2. BRR

BRR

3. suburbanfrog

suburbanfrog

• Tired, lifeless. Barely any fruit left but some tannins remain. Drink up.

• This wine in my opinion is at it's peak right now. If tasted blind, it could have passed for a Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir with same flavors and aromas typical of that region. Wine was elegant and balanced. Here is why I say drink now. Day 2 the wine had a different unrecognizable nose and the palette seemed tired and different, not fresh (this was sealed with a vacu-vin). My wife and I both also could sense a slight hint of smoke from a wood fire in the background on day 2. Day 2-88 pts.

• Medium-full nose of tart red fruit -- cranberry, cherry, raspberry with a fresh cut herb note. Medium bodied and round in the mouth. Fresh acidity provides lift and persistence. This has a nice edge to it on the mid-palate. Flavorful, lively finish.

• Only 2008 I have drank from Jamie's craft. I've had this around for a few years, picked it via WineBid a few years back. Been open about a 1/2 hour. Has a # of varied things going on, such as pine needle, cranberry, candied cherry and a gamey note in the finish. Probably a bit jumbled up at this stage so maybe some additional air over dinner will give it a hand....at dinner, this fleshed out as it warmed up. Much of the early acidity faded from when it was first opened and it became more ripe in tone, showing what to me also seemed like barrel spices--clove, 5 spice.....i.e. oak. While this didn't capture me as present day Kutch, the table did like it who had joined me and I would recommend this be a drink now/soon candidate.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• My wife and I both detected a bit of a smoky note in the wine, but it didn't detract all that much. Silky and nicely balanced with sweet cranberry, raspberry and smoky notes. Nice, satiny finish with no heat. Drink up over the next 3 years.