1. rcdyer

2. Whodiini

• Was cellared perfectly since purchase.

Excellent, better than expected. Beautiful fruit, oak, cherry favors. Smooth luscious wine. Would have been nice to have another bottle to taste in another year. Tasted like it could have lasted another few years but not much more. Like many wines, need to cellar properly for aging. Had it with steak and it was an outstanding food pairing. Couldn't put it down and had to have more.

• I was afraid based on earlier reviews that this wine was totally gone, but was I surprised. I have had this wine for at least six years and kept it cellared well. The cork showed no signs of age. Most of the fruit was gone, but what you had left was a classic older cabernet with hints of eucalyptus, menthol and pencil lead. Still had some nice backbone due to tannins and residual acids -- tasted of tart pomegranate, The wine was still very purple/black with a nice viscous mouthfeel. I loved it, but I like old wines.

• Drink ASAP

• Perhaps a bit long in the tooth now. Not the least a disaster.....but a reminder of how so many California Cabs just don't age as you would expect.

• Dense purple color, almost completely opaque with slight pink at the rim; super-long legs in the glass. Initially this was a little closed down, but it started to open up within 10 mins or so and continued to evolve throughout the evening. Aromas of blueberry/plum, cedar and forest floor, some oak but not overwhelming. Early blackberry/raspberry/plum flavors give way to chocolate, mocha, and reasonably mature tannins; there's oak and vanilla, but again these do not dominate the way they do with many California cabs (particularly of this era). I didn't get the vegetal notes others remarked on. Impressively long finish. Though I suspect I'm consuming this a little post-peak, it still has a lot to offer. This is more of a new world wine than I usually like, but it's a solid exemplar of its type, an extremely high QPR, and wears its age gracefully; I can see it for the strong showing that it is even if not to my personal predilections.