1. sma

2. jaumealaska

jaumealaska

3. J @ y H @ c k

J @ y H @ c k

• Fading a bit. I bought this at auction, after having loved the last bottle I had of this, but this bottle a little more advanced. Good, not great. Important for me to catch Mike's Zins at just the right time - too soon they're somewhat overly brash, a bit extracted and unknit, without the detail they gain at the end of their drinking window. Yet, they can quickly roll down the other side and lack vibrancy, as this bottle did.

• Medium garnet color with great legs. Somewhat hot nose but also good red fruit. On palate one gets plum/prune flavor with medium long finish. Mature and not likely to improve in our opinion

• Still has the tangy acidity of the other '08 single vineyard zins, but I felt the heat poking out on this one, less so at cooler temps, so even though this was still drinking well on day 2, I am inclined to finish my other '08 relatively soon

• A very balanced Zin. Neither too big nor too ripe. Definitely Zin, but probably has a small amount of other varietals in it. Very good acidity and has held up well over several days. Delicious!!

• In this line-up we had this Lingenfelder vs. a 2010 Bedrock Paganie Ranch Heirloom. Both decanted straight from the cellar. In many ways a role reversal. The Carlisle was lighter and elegant and the Bedrock was a beast. The Carlisle had the distinctive Zin nose --never tasted or smelled brambles , but I guess that is what we call it, but it was perfumed with some red stone fruit behind it. The body had silky tannins, red stone fruit, good balance and a great finish. The alcohol was in check even though it weighed in at 15.1% A thoroughly enjoyable wine and drinking well now. It may hold up , but no reason to risk it, if like me you only were allocated one bottle.