1. toddvh

stubbie999

3. mmurry

mmurry

• Pleasant summer white.

• Lovely, bracing acidity, along with some quiet citrus and herbs. Really bright and delicious. A wine that can be quaffed and enjoyed, but repays closer attention with surprising depth and nuance. Great.

• Wish I had bought more! Drank in place of my traditional Muscadet while shucking oysters (spinnets this yr) on Thanksgiving, and it turned out to match beautifully with the briney bivalves. Fascinating mix of fruits and minerals on the nose and palate. Nice acidity but not searingly so, and had a roundness to thr palate after about 20 minutes of air. A real treat.

• Every time I go back to this wine I like it better. First taste in April -- ?? My bottle in May grew on me over time. I enjoyed this bottle at the outset and it kept getting better and better, performing best after extended aeration (day 3 and 4 under cork in the fridge). Notes from memory (consumed last week), but I remember thinking that this wine was like a really good album of music that you don't get right away. It's not a catchy pop tune that gets boring really quickly, but one that has some qualities that aren't as obvious but reward repeated listens. Not something I'd buy by the case or anything, but definitely worth the effort.

• tasted at Chambers st wines: no experience with this grape: slightly oxidized nose, slightly cloudy, slight liemon finsih. interesting, but not my style.

View From the Cellar

• By Josh Raynolds
    May/June 2010, IWC Issue #150, (See more on Vinous...)

(Wind Gap Trousseau Gris Fanucchi-Wood Road Vineyard Russian River Valley) Subscribe to see review text.

NOTE: Some content is property of View From the Cellar and Vinous.