1. bonedocnine

2. tgkswine

tgkswine

3. sjdoc

sjdoc

• Another stunner, I cant tell the RBS from the CCS or the WTF but it's all good!

• Decanted for 6 hours. This wine is absolutely beautiful. Tons of red cherries, violets, spice, and mint. Very nice minerality on the mid palate. Very powerful finish that creates wonderful balance. This wine definitely needs as much air as possible if opened young.

• This wine is so big in the mouth I can't compare it to anything else. It had been decanting at MA's before our Capital Grille dinner but was way too cold when we started to drink it. This is a monster wine that is not near ready in my mind without extended decanting. I had one glass before dinner and one following dinner and the second glass was still not open to what I know is there.

This is a creamy wonderful mouthfeel wine with black fruit, tobacco, kirsch and oak. The tannins are smooth but not quite where they will be in another 18-24 months. A great wine and I'm glad I got this sample as I will hold my '08s for at least another 2-3 years before I begin to try them. As expected, the finish lasts and lasts.

• Night with the boyz at Chez Tolerico (Chez Tolerico): Opened for 10 hours in a wide base decanter, which it needed! Great nose of sweet raspberry, blackberry, licorice and spice. Palate has a ton of chewy tannins that coat the mouth, loads of dark fruit with a great mouthfeel. This is some serious stuff!

• My curiosity got the best of me as I am sitting on several 08 Schrader's, and have really wanted to test the waters on one. It took about 4 hours before it started to truly open up a bit, and even then, the nose was a bit subdued compared to past RBS bottlings I've experienced (the aromatics of the RBS's tend to be incredible). The fruit was very nice, but not the layered explosion I've come to expect from a Schrader. It displayed the typical fine tannins and dusty cocoa over red and black fruits. Overall, it was a great bottle of wine, but as expected, is drinking very young currently. I have no doubt that this will be 95+ juice in the future, but it clearly needs a few years for that.