1. kennyd

2. eharkins

eharkins

3. ssspore

ssspore

• Tasted second day open, which was probably a good thing. Dark crimson purple. Blackberry cassis nose with old leather and caramel. Full bodied and dense in the mouth. The blackberry/caramel/vanilla combination leads to a sensation of sweetness. Needs lots of air with my second day impression more positive than those who opened the wine. Drank well into 3 days. Should continue to improve.

• My comments are sort of a collection of those from earlier tasters. Drank over the course of app. 3 hours. Needs time to open up. It was better in the last glass. Not bad to start, just better at the end. I sipped a short glass, then decanted for the first hour. The taste is reflective of a mountain cab. Definitely not a fruit bomb. I think someone used the word "elegant" to describe this. Probably not a bad description. At the same time, there just isn't much going on. Don't get me wrong: it's pretty good, just not what I expect from a 2007, estate-grown, number one from this vineyard. It's not as good as when we tasted this before buying. Not going to open the next bottle in our cellar for a year or so. No concerns about it going flat. The bones are there. Maybe it will turn the corner. One other comment: the QPR, at what we and a lot of other people paid, isn't great, but I won't say it's bad either.

• Quite tight to begin with but after 3 hour decant begins to shine, notes of dark fruit, thyme, worn leather and dark chocolate, palate i s already quite refined for such a young wine, nice restrained fruit, with fine grainy tannins that are never overpowering, beautiful expression of mountain Cabernet.

• Actually I'd give this 2 ratings 88 and 91 so I'll go with 90. First night didn't have much time to let it breathe and didn't open up. Seemed to be overwhelming alcohol and not much else came through. After one glass, vacuum sealed it up for a couple days. Reopened a couple days later and let decant for a couple of hours. Much better!! Fragrant. Rich dark fruit flavors, maybe some leather. Wasn't drinking with food but it had nice acidity to just drink. Nursed the rest of the bottle over 2 1/2 glasses and thoroughly enjoyed.

• Had this wine with nice cheese burger. Bouquet has over powering black current, hints of vanilla, cherry, my wife smells leather. Very smooth cab, easy drinking wine. Downside not much complexity yet. We loved the silky smooth tannins that populate your entire mouth. Slight spice, nothing major just a hint. I have lots of this wine and can't wait to see how it matures.