• Sineann Block One Cab (02 -12) plus some others (My Home): My WOTN and the groups #3, however, the only wine with more than one first place vote (2 first and one second). Purple in color, ruby at the rim. The nose has cassis, slight black raspberry, cedar and black licorice. This is ripe fruit on the palate. Not jammy but plenty of cassis and black raspberry with some black licorice. Lovely velvety texture, the best texture of all the wines. Enough acidity to lend balance. Nice finish. I assume there is plenty left to develop here, but a gorgeous Cab right now.

• Washington Cabs $20 to $40: This was a wow wine for me. I brought it and threw it in as an extra although out of the normal price range (I think this sells for around $60). Block one refers to the first block planted in the Champoux vineyard. Purple in color, shimmering bright. I had popped the glass cork and allowed this to breathe for about 10 hours at home. The nose is nice but milder. Cassis, some vanilla, a bit of graphite. On the palate, this is complex and layered. Still very young, it needs time. Lots of firm tannins. Cassis and some plums on the finish. Very good.