1. tbream

tbream

2. flying_wineau

flying_wineau

• Just like last bottle in terms of flavor profile, but this was a little more harsh.

• Oops - thought I was opening the Estate last night... Pretty closed, of course, but this was a big, structured pinot with great concentration and power. But not over the top, even with some elegance. Not rated, but quite tasty even now, but wait 5 years if you possibly can.

• This is the kind of wine that can ruin you for other mundane choices. Simply gorgeous and delicate nose, confirmed on the palette with red cherry, black cherry, sour cherry, light spice, dark dust, powerful but elegant, and a finish that is still talking and evolving 20 seconds after you thought you were done with it. Acidity and light tannins too. What a treat.

• I was really disappointed in this especially after reading all the great reviews. I picked up two bottles and wish I had bought just one. First opened this was a beautiful wine...stewed plums, and cherries , thick and dense. But I wanted to let it decant for awhile so I went back to it after two hrs and it was shut down and I kept going back to it over the next 6 hrs and it wouldn't wake up. I will keep the other bottle on hold for awhile.

• Drank over 4 hours. This is a big wine. I haven't had it for a year or so and it hasn't moved at all. Big black fruit, flowers and earth on the nose. Dense dark fruit, black cherries and black pepper on the palate. Very ripe, almost too ripe for me, but really good. Rich and creamy texture. Long finish. Will be interesting to see if this evolves or if it falls apart.