James Halliday Australian Wine Companion

Garagiste

• By Jon Rimmerman
    2/12/2008, (See more on Garagiste...)

(FOGGO Hubertus) Tuesday SPECIAL

Dear Friends,

I’m on my way out the door (what else is new?) but here’s an enticing special for Tuesday. It’s not Friday but I didn’t think anyone would mind. I’m set to transverse the globe over the next few weeks week so expect reports from far and wide...

This parcel is directly from the source with perfect provenance:

2002 Foggo “Hubertus” Reserve Shiraz (McLaren Vale) EXTREMELY LIMITED

After we offered the Foggo Grenache a while ago, a lot of you asked for their Shiraz to get an idea of the winery’s style - here you go (at half price). This wine usually sells for $60 or more (you can check pricing on the 2004 or other vintages) and the 2002 is from the one-off Northern Rhone meets Australia vintage where this wine, and many others, excelled with a long, cool hang-time. When this wine was released it was like an oaked barrel sample but the wine has finally started to integrate and it now reveals the promise that had it aspire to the Noon Reserve level. I remember balking at a wholesale of close to $50 on this four years ago so I passed. At $28 or so, it’s one of the better high-end deals going (most are offering the regular Grenache/Shiraz/Cinsault for around $25, which is supposed to be half the price of the Hubertus). Think of this as the Noon Reserve Shiraz to the G/S/C’s Eclipse...

For an interesting look into this winery see: http://www.torbwine.com/pa/2005/foggo.shtml

ONE SHIPMENT ONLY at this price - we cannot get a second shipment at this price

FIRST COME FIRST SERVED at this price up to 6/person until we run out

Jon Rimmerman
    Garagiste
    Seattle, WA

Aus7970

NOTE: Some content is property of James Halliday Australian Wine Companion and Garagiste.