CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

NEW: Mailing Lists for European Wineries

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> NEW: Mailing Lists for European Wineries Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NEW: Mailing Lists for European Wineries - 10/4/2011 4:50:48 PM   
KevinS

As a VERY long time CT user (#75, though new to this board), Eric has generously allowed me to make people aware of a service I recently launched called VinConnect.  We offer “mailing lists” on behalf of top European wineries, allowing passionate U.S. customers to buy top European wines direct from the source, and wineries to better serve their best customers in the U.S.  Mailing list members receive guaranteed allocations of their favorite wines, access to library releases, and other special offers, all delivered with perfect provenance.  For more information see www.vinconnect.com.

Our initial winery partners are Massolino (Barolo), Domaine de la Vieille Julienne (Chateauneuf) and Clos de Tart (Burgundy).  We're in active conversations with dozens of other top wineries and importers, and expect to continue adding partners rapidly in the weeks to come.  If you have specific wineries you would like to inquire about, or other general questions, please feel free to post or PM me and I’ll be glad to respond...

Thanks...

Kevin Sidders (ITB)
www.vinconnect.com
Mailing lists for top European wineries
Post #: 1
RE: NEW: Mailing Lists for European Wineries - 10/4/2011 6:28:15 PM   
grafstrb

Very nice!  Just signed-up.

Some ideas for other wineries to pursue partnership with:

Domaine La Barroche
Chateau Rayas
Mas de Boislauzon
Chateau Musar
Marques de Murrieta
Luis Pato
Quinto do Crasto
Pierre Gaillard
Yves Cuilleron
Vincent Paris
H. Billiot
Vilmart
Christian Moreau
Taupenot-Merme
Lucien Le Moine
Equipo Navazos
Travaglini
Francois Cotat
Didier Dagueneau

Question for you, Kevin: what kind of pricing can U.S. customers expect in comparison to current retail prices in the U.S.A.? 

< Message edited by grafstrb -- 10/4/2011 6:29:29 PM >

Terroir is not a flavor.

(in reply to KevinS)
Post #: 2
RE: NEW: Mailing Lists for European Wineries - 10/4/2011 7:06:10 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

ORIGINAL: grafstrb

Question for you, Kevin: what kind of pricing can U.S. customers expect in comparison to current retail prices in the U.S.A.? 

Me, too.

Another question or three.

For now it looks like the Massolino and Vieille Julienne lists are the only ones offered, (even though those were my only preference for now) will the Burgandy list be handled differently?

It seems like customers are signing up for individual lists with each winery and as such would be required to buy minimum allocation for each, etc... to stay on list. Is this correct?

Related to this, will wineries drop buyers from list by a single policy or will it vary? i.e. Will any "credit" be gained across wineries? for example will buying from winery A, keep you on the list from winery B.

Thanks

And I must say your introductory post and upfront nature of this offer with little strings attached, or fan fare, and a subtitle identifying you clearly as an ITB marketer was very refreshing and unspam-like. Cheers!

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to grafstrb)
Post #: 3
RE: NEW: Mailing Lists for European Wineries - 10/4/2011 7:19:45 PM   
Vinsant

quote:

Some ideas for other wineries to pursue partnership with:

Domaine La Barroche
Chateau Rayas
Mas de Boislauzon
Chateau Musar
Marques de Murrieta
Luis Pato
Quinto do Crasto
Pierre Gaillard
Yves Cuilleron
Vincent Paris
H. Billiot
Vilmart
Christian Moreau
Taupenot-Merme
Lucien Le Moine
Equipo Navazos
Travaglini
Francois Cotat
Didier Dagueneau

I'd second the Rayas (chat des tours) and Cotat requests and add Huet, Donjon, Dauvissat, Allemand, Gonon, Rostaing, and Raveneau if I were dreaming...

< Message edited by Vinsant -- 10/4/2011 7:23:24 PM >

(in reply to grafstrb)
Post #: 4
RE: NEW: Mailing Lists for European Wineries - 10/4/2011 7:40:45 PM   
KevinS

Thanks for the comments and good questions -- let me see if I can address them:

quote:

what kind of pricing can U.S. customers expect in comparison to current retail prices in the U.S.A.? 

As with mailing lists in the U.S., pricing will approximate regular retail.  Now, with European wines there is a wider spread of "retail" prices, depending on the state, retailer, sourcing and any number of other factors.  We're advising wineries to target the mid to lower end of the range of prices from legitimate sources (not gray market) and final pricing decisions are made by them.  Note however that the wines will be generally offered prior to their release in the U.S. (again, as lists here usually do), so there ought not to be much direct price comparison.  In sum, don't think of VinConnect as a discount channel (the world has LOTS of those), think of us as a convenient way to purchase consistent allocations of wines you know and love with winery provenance.

quote:

For now it looks like the Massolino and Vieille Julienne lists are the only ones offered, (even though those were my only preference for now) will the Burgandy list be handled differently?

We just today launched the Clos de Tart list -- that selection will be turned on soon.  Burgundy in general won't be handled any differently, but of course since quantities there can be very small the offers and allocations may differ than those of other regions.

quote:

It seems like customers are signing up for individual lists with each winery and as such would be required to buy minimum allocation for each, etc... to stay on list. Is this correct?

Each winery will handle its policies as they see fit (with input and guidance from VinConnect), as it really *is* their mailing list.  And the unique dynamics of supply and demand will differ by winery as well.  Since these lists are starting from scratch there ought to be plenty of room for people to join and to have flexibility in what they choose to purchase; that said, if demand grows over time and supply does not for whatever reason, we certainly could see situations where we have an "active" list and a "waiting" list, where some level of participation will be required to maintain your spot.  But, again, that will be case by case.  I will say that we are expecting to limit the size of the Clos de Tart list out of the gate, due to very limited quantities, but that looks to be an exception at this stage.

quote:

Related to this, will wineries drop buyers from list by a single policy or will it vary? i.e. Will any "credit" be gained across wineries? for example will buying from winery A, keep you on the list from winery B.

Each winery owns their own list; so each will have their own policies.  From their perspective, giving a member credit for buying from another winery probably isn't in their best interests, so I wouldn't expect that.

I appreciate the questions and will be happy to answer further, so feel free to keep asking...

Kevin Sidders (ITB)
www.vinconnect.com

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 5
RE: NEW: Mailing Lists for European Wineries - 10/4/2011 7:43:56 PM   
Hollowine

Signed up as well, would be really interested if you could maybe get something going with:

Didier Dagueneau
Huet (specifically the 1ere Trie which are hard to get)
JJ Prum
Donnhoff
Pierre Peters, Cedric Bouchard, or other Grower houses.

(in reply to Vinsant)
Post #: 6
RE: NEW: Mailing Lists for European Wineries - 10/4/2011 11:53:35 PM   
ytsai

I wonder how much I have to pay for 2009 Vieille Julienne Reserve through this channel, I have offer for $199 from retailer.

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 7
RE: NEW: Mailing Lists for European Wineries - 10/5/2011 3:56:08 AM   
musedir

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinSunnyside

quote:

Me, too.

Another question or three.

Thanks

And I must say your introductory post and upfront nature of this offer with little strings attached, or fan fare, and a subtitle identifying you clearly as an ITB marketer was very refreshing and unspam-like. Cheers!

Jeezus! Chris, Barb will positively slice you up if you get on more mailing lists!!. On the other hand, this does sound interesting and I completely concur with your assessment of the "upfront" disclaimer, something that does not always occur. Oh well, I must remember what I just wrote on the moratorium.

Oh wait! They can't ship to Georgia! Wow! Saved by my own state's restrictive laws from another nefarious "scheme" to separate me from our retirement savings!

< Message edited by musedir -- 10/5/2011 4:02:19 AM >

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 8
RE: NEW: Mailing Lists for European Wineries - 10/6/2011 6:36:30 AM   
KevinS

Thanks for your input regarding wineries of interest.  To date we've principally targeted Tuscany and the Piedmont in Italy, and Burgundy and the Rhone Valley in France, so many of the names on those lists are people we've already met or have an intention to.  There appears to be more interest in Germany and Alsace than I might have expected, so it sounds like we need to get to work on those.  And Bordeaux is not something we've tackled yet, given its fundamentally different distribution model, though it's something we're certainly looking at.

Feel free to chime in with other suggestions, and thanks again...

Kevin Sidders (ITB)
www.vinconnect.com

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> NEW: Mailing Lists for European Wineries Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI