CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Woodinville Recs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Woodinville Recs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Woodinville Recs - 6/3/2016 10:46:47 AM   
Slye

We will be in Woodinville for a few hours tomorrow of wine tasting (before heading to the Bob Dylan concert -- I know, I did not realize he was still alive.....) .

Back to wine. I am curious about Savage Grace, which some have mentioned, so we will try to go there. Any other must visits?
Post #: 1
RE: Woodinville Recs - 6/3/2016 10:56:34 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

If you've never been give Adams Bench a try. They are up the hill next to Hollywood Hill and have semi-public tastings. Not always open, but worth a shot, imo. Other Woodinville faves... Efeste, DeLille, Mark Ryan, Ross Andrew, Stevens, Pomum,

< Message edited by ChrisinSunnyside -- 6/3/2016 10:57:25 AM >

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 2
RE: Woodinville Recs - 6/3/2016 11:09:18 AM   
jmcmchi

Savage Grace is in the warehouse district.... out there are many including Pondera, Cuillin Hills, Bunnell, Smasne, Obelisco, Efeste and Gorman's white tasting room, and usually food at Davenport. You can park and pretty well walk to all of these (Efeste slightly further out than rest)

Closer to the concert, you can try the Chateau itself, Col Solare (a boutique within the chateau tasting room), Januik and a quarter mile away Gorman, Patterson, Delille, Fidelitas and Mark Ryan, Lauren Ashton and LongShadows. In this area (generally Hollywood Hills) also, if you prefer pinot, you can try Lachini or Tori Mor

There is a wide range of styles in these; depending on your preference, you can pick heavier or more European styles, then by varietals, Rhone, Bordeaux or Italy/Spain

A cautionary note; parking is a challenge for concert day. You may want to go to the warehouse district early, return to the Chateau area to park, and then walk around the Hollywood hills tastings

Good tasting

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 3
RE: Woodinville Recs - 6/3/2016 11:26:29 AM   
Slye

Thanks for the prompt replies, Chris and jmcmchi. Just made an appointment with Ross Andrew!

(in reply to jmcmchi)
Post #: 4
RE: Woodinville Recs - 6/5/2016 8:57:15 AM   
Stirling

Also in the warehouse district is Barrage, which is worth the visit. See if you get can Keving to take you back into the barrel room!

Lauren Ashton is just by the traffic circle. Efeste is worth a visit and so is Forgeron.

Have fun!

My blog: www.advinetures.ca

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 5
RE: Woodinville Recs - 6/5/2016 9:38:50 AM   
dontime

Enjoy Bob! He just turned 75 week before last.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to Stirling)
Post #: 6
RE: Woodinville Recs - 6/22/2016 6:48:41 PM   
Slye

Sorry I had meant to update this a bit. First, many thanks to Chrisinsunnyside for Adams Bench. We loved their wines and broke our pledge to not buy anything with them!

Also enjoyed Savage Grace and Darby in the warehouse district -- which is pretty insane, there are at least 50 wineries there. We got there late afternoon so did not get to try many of them, but one could easily spend an entire day walking around tasting wines. We did try some that were not so great -- I cant even remember the wineries at the moment.

Thanks again.

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Woodinville Recs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll