CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Dishwashing and wine glasses

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Dishwashing and wine glasses Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Dishwashing and wine glasses - 3/22/2019 7:45:25 AM   
nyccablover

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slye

quote:

ORIGINAL: nyccablover

We use the dishwasher for all of our glasses (GGG, Zalto, Riedel, SZ) - also just put them in with everything else. I run the dishwasher every night, it is a Miele which has some special racking on the bottom for wine glasses. Something that has not been stated though is the type of soap to use in the machine - highly recommended is METHOD SMARTY DISH TABLETS - unscented. These are terrific and leave absolutely no residue behind. I buy them from Amazon in six packs - so always have a good supply. Have not lost a glass yet in six years - from the dishwasher!

Oh thanks for the detergent recommendation. I looked on Amazon, and there are some recent negative reviews alleging that there has been a formula change, resulting in residue left on dishes. Are these the ones you use? And if so, any problems with the newer version?

https://www.amazon.com/Method-Smarty-Dishwashing-Tablets-Fragrance/dp/B002Y26UY2/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2DTF76GB42228&keywords=method%2Bsmarty%2Bdish%2Bdishwasher%2Btablets&qid=1553196082&s=gateway&sprefix=method%2Bsmarty%2Bd%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-3&th=1

Hi Slye - I think the negative reviews are referring to a newer product offering that comes in the Grey pouch if you see the pictures attached. I used the white pouch with the blue circle - same as always no change in formulation. I think sometimes Amazon may point you to the newer product. Good Luck!

Palates may change, but CT handles are forever!

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 31
RE: Dishwashing and wine glasses - 3/22/2019 4:22:04 PM   
BenNoir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slye

quote:

ORIGINAL: S1

GGG recommends the dishwasher,
So does Grassl.

Yes, this is what got me started. The Grassl's are so much more delicate than the Riedels. Yet they both seem to come out fine (so far....)

We use Grassl, Gabriel Glas, and Riedels as daily stemware.
Throw them in the Miele with all the other dishes on Normal wash.
Have never lost one and they come out looking great.

ben

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 32
RE: Dishwashing and wine glasses - 3/25/2019 4:25:10 PM   
the_lovenest

we DW all our glassware (riedels included) because I'm a clumsy oaf like Chris, and when it's done we do a quick rinse and let them drip dry upside down on a clean towel to prevent any residue.Seems to work ok and I'm VERY sensitive to glassware-caused flaws. We actually started the post-dw rinse because Lauren was sick of me asking "hmm this smells weird, can I smell the wine out of your glass?". It does really help, as a placebo at the very least.

(in reply to BenNoir)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Dishwashing and wine glasses Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI