CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: When did you join CT?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: When did you join CT? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/25/2021 7:07:29 PM   
dsGris

Prior to CT I used Bottle Count, Snooth and another foodie site frequented in past years by many names familier on the CT forum.

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to brettlaurvick)
Post #: 121
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/28/2021 5:25:22 AM   
Cablover1982

Some time in 2020 to capture tasting notes.
Joined the discussion forums today!

(in reply to dsGris)
Post #: 122
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/28/2021 6:26:41 AM   
daviladc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cablover1982

Welcome!

I used CT for years but I've only been participating in the forum for about 18 months. It's been nothing but a great experience. A lot of nice people here.

Wine is not furniture. Drink it!

(in reply to Cablover1982)
Post #: 123
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/28/2021 7:55:21 AM   
Cablover1982

quote:

ORIGINAL: daviladc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cablover1982

Welcome!

I used CT for years but I've only been participating in the forum for about 18 months. It's been nothing but a great experience. A lot of nice people here.

Thanks so much. That's wonderful to hear. I've been browsing the tastings notes section for a while too. Great to crosscheck between CT and Vivino, and gather wine notes data from you all fine folks here! Great community!!

(in reply to daviladc)
Post #: 124
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/28/2021 10:45:15 AM   
ShawnM789

Member since 02/2010 10 year anv coming up

(in reply to Cablover1982)
Post #: 125
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/28/2021 11:46:14 AM   
BobMilton

quote:

ORIGINAL: ShawnM789

Isn't that 11 year? (I joined the month before you)

(in reply to ShawnM789)
Post #: 126
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/28/2021 12:07:22 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

ORIGINAL: BobMilton

quote:

I think the New England time zones really are funky.

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to BobMilton)
Post #: 127
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/28/2021 1:09:18 PM   
BobMilton

Well only the Pacific zone makes any sense (ducking quickly)

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 128
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/28/2021 1:14:56 PM   
ShawnM789

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinCowiche

quote:

quote:

Ha, yup 11 years of bliss Bad math at it's finest

< Message edited by ShawnM789 -- 1/28/2021 1:16:24 PM >

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 129
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/28/2021 2:47:57 PM   
wadcorp

quote:

ORIGINAL: brettlaurvick
I've helped dozens get accounts and currently manage accounts for about 20 customers. My wife, and two of my kids are proficient as well.
Just paid my annual contribution and made me reflect on this wonderful bit of software and this community.

I’ve inflicted/brought a number of people to CellarTracker. Only a couple hang out in the Forum, but a few more use the utility to track their cellars.

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

(in reply to brettlaurvick)
Post #: 130
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/28/2021 3:47:24 PM   
MindMuse

CT - 12/18/2005 (So just had my 15th anniversary)
Forum - 5/20/2009

... she uncorked it and put it to her lips. "I know something interesting is sure to happen," she said to herself, "whenever I eat or drink anything; so I'll just see what this bottle does."
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 131
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/28/2021 4:23:13 PM   
dsGris

I have noticed quite an uptick in forum participation, myself included with the onset of covid restrictions. Many new names and a few old-timers dropping by.

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 132
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/28/2021 7:46:00 PM   
BenG

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinCowiche

quote:

quote:

Ha, yup 11 years of bliss Bad math at it's finest

The wine is doing its job.

(in reply to ShawnM789)
Post #: 133
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/29/2021 7:00:22 AM   
khmark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: wadcorp

quote:

ORIGINAL: brettlaurvick
I've helped dozens get accounts and currently manage accounts for about 20 customers. My wife, and two of my kids are proficient as well.
Just paid my annual contribution and made me reflect on this wonderful bit of software and this community.

I’ve inflicted/brought a number of people to CellarTracker. Only a couple hang out in the Forum, but a few more use the utility to track their cellars.

Enabler.

"a rogue Provence rouge of unknown provenance." author grafstrb

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 134
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/29/2021 11:04:40 AM   
vinopkm

User #51,115, signed up 4/22/2008

(in reply to khmark7)
Post #: 135
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/29/2021 9:35:34 PM   
MindMuse

quote:

ORIGINAL: vinopkm

You and fingers and Jeremy were the first CT Forum users I ever met, at the lovely event y'all hosted for my wife and me in the OC on the other side of the continent. How long ago was that? Always, always special in my heart!
And you put Her Ladyship onto Gabbi's, which she visited every month she went out there for three years.

I remember one of the bottles I brought to our offline was what I considered an obscure but great Spanish producer, Jimenez-Landi. And then you regaled us of personal experiences with them! That may have been the moment I knew that getting together with fellow CellarTrackers could be a rare and special magic, and that I should look to continue to do it. If that wasn't the precise moment, then it was one of the other wonderful moments that happened that night. Big Thanks, bro(s). It's the one and only time we met, but that should not be the final count.

... she uncorked it and put it to her lips. "I know something interesting is sure to happen," she said to herself, "whenever I eat or drink anything; so I'll just see what this bottle does."

(in reply to vinopkm)
Post #: 136
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/30/2021 3:09:02 AM   
dad300

July 2016.. didn't use it much of the first 2 years.. started using regularly in late 2018.. . joined the forum early last year. now its a every day check in.

Red Mountain stole my wine stained heart

(in reply to MindMuse)
Post #: 137
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/30/2021 7:11:56 AM   
fingers

quote:

ORIGINAL: MindMuse

quote:

You and fingers and Jeremy were the first CT Forum users I ever met, at the lovely event y'all hosted for my wife and me in the OC on the other side of the continent. How long ago was that? Always, always special in my heart!
And you put Her Ladyship onto Gabbi's, which she visited every month she went out there for three years.

I remember one of the bottles I brought to our offline was what I considered an obscure but great Spanish producer, Jimenez-Landi. And then you regaled us of personal experiences with them! That may have been the moment I knew that getting together with fellow CellarTrackers could be a rare and special magic, and that I should look to continue to do it. If that wasn't the precise moment, then it was one of the other wonderful moments that happened that night. Big Thanks, bro(s). It's the one and only time we met, but that should not be the final count.

Great recollection, Dennis!
I remember your visit, but as far as the date, I can only estimate that it was about 3000 bottles ago

It will be so nice to resume these types of visits and the bonding of like minds (amen).

(in reply to MindMuse)
Post #: 138
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/30/2021 8:00:10 PM   
MindMuse

quote:

ORIGINAL: fingers

quote:

quote:

I remember your visit, but as far as the date, I can only estimate that it was about 3000 bottles ago

It will be so nice to resume these types of visits and the bonding of like minds (amen).

Of course, Bob, although you and I only met once, you and my wife had that little clandestine meeting a good while later...

Okay, now that the hoi polloi's eyebrows are raised, fingers and Her Ladyship served as a wine mule train between me and a California winery that didn't ship to Georgia. I believe you met in some parking lot somewhere and Bob popped his trunk and Faye popped the trunk on her rental car, and a cardboard box or two were shuffled over. HL said she looked around for any unmarked vehicles that might be spying on you, then headed out.

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 139
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/30/2021 8:16:05 PM   
fingers

When my roll is finally called up yonder, it’s nice to know that several CT members will have fond memories of fingers bootlegging service.

(in reply to MindMuse)
Post #: 140
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/30/2021 10:46:54 PM   
vinopkm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Of course, Bob, although you and I only met once, you and my wife had that little clandestine meeting a good while later...

Okay, now that the hoi polloi's eyebrows are raised, fingers and Her Ladyship served as a wine mule train between me and a California winery that didn't ship to Georgia. I believe you met in some parking lot somewhere and Bob popped his trunk and Faye popped the trunk on her rental car, and a cardboard box or two were shuffled over. HL said she looked around for any unmarked vehicles that might be spying on you, then headed out.

Haha! This is awesome. I have a ton of fond memories from multiple OC CT get togethers. Can't wait to create new ones. I'm proud to say I've meet at least 4 dozen CTers! If not more.

(in reply to MindMuse)
Post #: 141
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/31/2021 8:58:25 AM   
jhannah27

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Haha! This is awesome. I have a ton of fond memories from multiple OC CT get togethers. Can't wait to create new ones. I'm proud to say I've meet at least 4 dozen CTers! If not more.

Memory lane, indeed. No longer in OC, unfortunately, but I count vinopkm and the Grafsrb as two of my closest friends. It has been amazing to see their families grow over the years as well. Never thought an online forum would connect me with such amazing people and experiences.

-- Jeremy

(in reply to vinopkm)
Post #: 142
RE: When did you join CT? - 1/31/2021 1:02:47 PM   
fasteddie35

Looks like April1, 2010 for me. I played a few years before joining on the old Food & Wine boards. Cheers, Ed

(in reply to jhannah27)
Post #: 143
RE: When did you join CT? - 2/1/2021 8:26:28 PM   
rwilk_2000

October 2006, #21,821. Was gifted a few bottles of Lafite at age 28. Had little knowledge of wine, but knew I needed to learn and take care of the Lafite. Was drinking Red Truck at the time. Learned most of what I know from CT and the forum.

< Message edited by rwilk_2000 -- 2/1/2021 8:27:47 PM >

It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

(in reply to fasteddie35)
Post #: 144
RE: When did you join CT? - 2/2/2021 9:58:03 PM   
MindMuse

quote:

ORIGINAL: jhannah27

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Memory lane, indeed. No longer in OC, unfortunately, but I count vinopkm and the Grafsrb as two of my closest friends. It has been amazing to see their families grow over the years as well. Never thought an online forum would connect me with such amazing people and experiences.

Thanks for checking in Jeremy!! We subsequently met Grafs maybe a year later - in Bordeaux! - on an amazing CT offline adventure. I've met over 50 CT Forum folks, all over and from all over. It has been a treat and a blessing. And I must admit we've had some pretty nice refreshments to go along with it.

(in reply to jhannah27)
Post #: 145
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: When did you join CT? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI