CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Is it okay to offer wine glass reviews

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Is it okay to offer wine glass reviews Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is it okay to offer wine glass reviews - 1/27/2024 1:27:53 PM   
xyc

which may be of help to Forum members?
Post #: 1
RE: Is it okay to offer wine glass reviews - 1/27/2024 1:34:44 PM   
recotte

Absolutely! You’ll find multiple threads opining on favorite stemware. It’s an integral part of the wine experience.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

(in reply to xyc)
Post #: 2
RE: Is it okay to offer wine glass reviews - 1/27/2024 3:43:49 PM   
xyc

Bored with my stems and not able to replace my Rosenthal Thomas glasses, (broken everyone 1975-2019, RIP) I searched and found nice looking ones online Rovsya 28 oz large wine and AOOE Champagne Flutes (Luna and Mantha), both hand blown. Fair price and ordering transferred to Amazon. They arrived promptly, packaging superb, black boxed, handled, gift boxes. foam encased. The Egg shaped flutes I like, 11" tall, weightless, half the weight of Speigel Gau, completely different elegant feel due to height and weightlessness.
The 28 oz large wine disappointed, same as my old Ikea in weight and rim thickness. I complained and was offered full refund or replacement, "keep what we sent." I asked for thinnest available red wine rims. Some communication issue with seller intermediary about rim however they shipped Udisons 18oz Burgundy tulip 9.5" tall, delicate by weight, half the weight and rim diam of Ikea or Mantha. Same rim as Riedel, half the heft. You may like or not weightless glass for me a different drinking exercise especially for Champagne. I'm enjoying red wine as well nice feel, does Cognac well. An ultra thin larger glass is advertised? May order.

I won't post prices, but cheap. Service I take to be a middleman who is paid to please and assure positive Amazon reviews. No country of origin which must mean China. One of the better values available in 2024.

(in reply to xyc)
Post #: 3
RE: Is it okay to offer wine glass reviews - 1/27/2024 8:23:02 PM   
khmark7

Never get bored with my Riedel stems. I much prefer a little heft and stability in my stems.

Still occasionally use my old Spiegelau Burgundy stems.

"a rogue Provence rouge of unknown provenance." author grafstrb

(in reply to xyc)
Post #: 4
RE: Is it okay to offer wine glass reviews - 1/28/2024 7:27:57 AM   
xyc

These stems are not for those requiring heft. The height will bother some, for others make a statement on the dinner table.

(in reply to khmark7)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Is it okay to offer wine glass reviews Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI