CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Bin bafflement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Bin bafflement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bin bafflement - 1/29/2013 3:30:27 PM   
Scloughley

Eric
I've finally got started with CellarTracker and I am befuddled with the bin logic.
There seems no way to define the bin nomenclature, so when I entered my first bottle I simply entered A1, being row 1 and column 1. So far so logical and this bin description was accepted.
Next I had 2 identical bottles for bins A2 and A3. But when entering each individually, I was given 2 rows, one for each bottle, but from the bin drop down I was offered only the location A1!! I tried entering A2 and A3, but it replaced the entered text with A1. However, entering just numerical values, in this case 2 and 3, and the software was happy.
So what's a chap to do? Use only numerical values? If so, when I enter bulk (say for a case I buy), how would I describe a range of bins such as A1-A12 or, more challenging, how about a range that starts in one row (A9-A12) and continues to the next row (B1-B8).?
I tried your help text and perusing the forums but could find no description of the model you use for bins.

Thanks in advance.

Post #: 1
RE: Bin bafflement - 1/29/2013 3:39:16 PM   
Eric

Were you using the dropdown or just entering it directly into the control? If the menu opened up and offered A1 just IGNORE it and type A2. Or maybe hit the ESCAPE key, but that should not be necessary. Just do NOT pick A1 from the menu.

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker

(in reply to Scloughley)
Post #: 2
RE: Bin bafflement - 1/29/2013 4:03:38 PM   
Scloughley

Ok Eric, that worked. I can now enter a1... Etc.
How about my follow on question? If I have a case and I want to allocated to a contiguous series of bins - rows or columns - is this feasible via bulk entry of bottles....or must I enter bin-by-bin?
Nice software by the way. Everything else works like a charm!

(in reply to Eric)
Post #: 3
RE: Bin bafflement - 1/29/2013 4:22:54 PM   
Eric

Well as you enter, make sure you have toggled to single-bin entry so that you have a row for each bottle. (It looks like you have done that.) However there is no auto-fill capability. You will still need to go bottle by bottle.

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker

(in reply to Scloughley)
Post #: 4
RE: Bin bafflement - 2/3/2013 6:47:21 PM   
wequedad

One suggestion ... do the numerical digit first. and if you have more than 10 rows, do it like this ... 01A.

That's how CT reads it...number first and if you get to 10 it will show after 1 and before 2. 09 is followed by 10, 11 etc.

(in reply to Eric)
Post #: 5
RE: Bin bafflement - 2/4/2013 6:23:30 AM   
Scloughley

Thanks a lot for the hint. I don't quite follow what you mean in the second sentence, but I'm guessing you suggest the following structure for the bin locations (with the letters indicating columns):
01A 01B 01C ...
02A 02B 02C ...
03A 03B 03C ...

(in reply to wequedad)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Bin bafflement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI