CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Domaine de la solitude Pessac by Domaine Chevalier.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Domaine de la solitude Pessac by Domaine Chevalier. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Domaine de la solitude Pessac by Domaine Chevalier. - 2/14/2024 3:31:43 PM   
Eduardo787

Is this the 3rd wine of Domaine Chevalier or what ? I have DC and L Esprit De Domaine Chevalier, but could not find a lot of info about Domaine De La Solitude. It is about the same price as L Esprit and it is the same denomination, but I cannot find info if weather this is a second wine or a second or third label. At $27 and coming from Domaine Chevalier that I just very recently discovered and fell in love with, I was wondering if this wine is something worth trying. My shipping window is MAYBE 2 or 3 more weeks and would close till early November and I want to know if I should order some. Please remember that for me it is not as simple as ordering and getting them3 days after that in my home. I need to drive 6 hours round trip to pick them up, so it is not the $200 but rather a full day of driving.

I can´t be happier than drinkling wine with my friends
Post #: 1
RE: Domaine de la solitude Pessac by Domaine Chevalier. - 2/14/2024 5:12:40 PM   
jmcmchi

Wine Enthusiast- This wine comes from an estate owned by a religious order and managed by Domaine de Chevalier. Luscious black fruits are sophisticated and full. Embedded in the black fruits, the tannins are just showing their potential as the wine opens out.

Comment I found, no idea of accuracy of history

< Message edited by jmcmchi -- 2/14/2024 5:13:40 PM >

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 2
RE: Domaine de la solitude Pessac by Domaine Chevalier. - 2/14/2024 11:24:05 PM   
JohnNezlek

Eduardo,

There is a Domaine de la Solitude, but it seems to have nothing to do with Domaine de Chevalier.
Domaine de la Solitude
Second link

Moreover, the price in one shop in France is similar to what you were discussing.
Bordeaux shop

I hope this is helpful.

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers,
John

Too many wines, too little time.

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 3
RE: Domaine de la solitude Pessac by Domaine Chevalier. - 2/15/2024 5:13:35 AM   
Eduardo787

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnNezlek

Eduardo,

There is a Domaine de la Solitude, but it seems to have nothing to do with Domaine de Chevalier.
Domaine de la Solitude
Second link

Moreover, the price in one shop in France is similar to what you were discussing.
Bordeaux shop

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers,
John

Thanks so much for the info John, VERY much appreciated !!! Thats what I was looking for . I dont understand why you say it has nothing to do wtih Domaine De Chevalier, it actually has all to do with them after I read the material you sent me. It is done by the same team and the Bernard is also the owner of this brand. It seems my 3 weeks at the Moratorium are close to finish as I will wait for an opening for cold weather ( maybe the last chance we will get) so a shippment can be done ground. Thanks again !

(in reply to JohnNezlek)
Post #: 4
RE: Domaine de la solitude Pessac by Domaine Chevalier. - 2/15/2024 5:14:07 AM   
Eduardo787

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eduardo787

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnNezlek

Eduardo,

Domaine de la Solitude
Second link

Bordeaux shop

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers,
John

Thanks so much for the info John, VERY much appreciated !!! Thats what I was looking for . I dont understand why you say it has nothing to do wtih Domaine De Chevalier, it actually has all to do with them after I read the material you sent me. It is done by the same team and Bernard is also the owner of this brand. It seems my 3 weeks at the Moratorium are close to finish as I will wait for an opening for cold weather ( maybe the last chance we will get) so a shippment can be done ground. Thanks again !

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 5
RE: Domaine de la solitude Pessac by Domaine Chevalier. - 2/15/2024 5:18:07 AM   
Eduardo787

Last but not least I have to rise my glass for Rthpal ( may he rest in peace) as it took me sometime to understand his passion for Domaine Chevalier. Without a doubt it is one of my fav wines right now mostly because of yes, its great QPR

< Message edited by Eduardo787 -- 2/15/2024 5:21:24 AM >

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 6
RE: Domaine de la solitude Pessac by Domaine Chevalier. - 2/15/2024 6:07:09 AM   
KPB

Often small growers contract with winemakers who have more equipment and extra space to make the wine for them. Could that be the story here?

Ken Birman
The Professor of Brettology

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 7
RE: Domaine de la solitude Pessac by Domaine Chevalier. - 2/15/2024 6:56:13 AM   
JohnNezlek

Eduardo,

I did not read all the description, and you are correct, it is associated with Chevalier through Bernard. By noting that it had nothing to do with Chevalier, I meant that is was not a third wine (or second or whatever). The Devil is always in the details.

The description notes that the tenancy, which started in 2023, was to last 40 years, so it is over. It is not clear what this portends.

Regardless, best of luck with this purchase.
John

Too many wines, too little time.

(in reply to KPB)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Domaine de la solitude Pessac by Domaine Chevalier. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI