CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

v3.0.0 Final Release!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> v3.0.0 Final Release!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v3.0.0 Final Release!!! - 3/23/2005 2:00:06 AM   
Eric

The beta of the new user interface is officially complete! This evening I moved the main site over to use the new UI, and the old UI is a thing of the past. There are lots of subtel new things:

• There is a bio page where I spill my guts on how I ended up writing CellarTracker.
  • From the main cellar list, now the number showing bottles in stock is a hyperlink which will let you drink a bottle.
  • When you change your handle or password the site will generate an automated email to you as a reminder. On new user signup, automated email is now, finally, generated.
  • The top level link for adding a tasting note now works. It takes you through the normal find/add search but then takes you directly to the tasting note page for that wine.
  • There are a variety of useful little connect the dots links in a number of places. For example, when trying to register, if you hit an error because your email address is already taken (because you registered before and forgot), now there is a one-click link to generate a password reminder. (Before you could only get to this from the login UI.) When adding a tasting note, there is a link to add a professional review instead if you read the copyright warning and realize you are putting the wrong thing in the wrong place.
  • Drinkability is a top level report after a number of popular requests for that.
  • PocketPC/Palm morphing is finally implemented in the new UI, at least to the level of the older UI. I want to do more to scale the site automatically to the smaller form factor.
  • There are a lot more subtle things. And of course, if you haven't been paying attention to the beta and accompanying release notes, well then you are in store for a BIG change.

Enjoy!

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker
Post #: 1
RE: v3.0.0 Final Release!!! - 3/25/2005 11:33:29 AM   
dmg

Have to say that the new ui is great - being a novice i do struggle with adding a new wine still, as what is on the bottle label is tricky to put in the actual wine database and i would love the reports to be able to add my Personal Note and personal tasting note entries.

Keep the good work up its great!

(in reply to Eric)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> v3.0.0 Final Release!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI