CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

TOR/Kenward Family Wines

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> TOR/Kenward Family Wines Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TOR/Kenward Family Wines - 2/7/2017 4:28:25 PM   
Endodr

Has anyone tried the TOR/Kenward Cabernet wines? How do they compare to others like Carter, Myriad, Peter Michael, or Mark Herold? I've never tried them. Any suggestions or favorites regarding TOR Cabs?
Post #: 1
RE: TOR/Kenward Family Wines - 2/7/2017 4:42:29 PM   
CranBurgundy

Never had their wines, but had one of their stereos in a car a long time ago. It was pretty good!

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

Vote NO on Proposition S1ct1516 "BAN the CRAN!" this Election Day.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to Endodr)
Post #: 2
RE: TOR/Kenward Family Wines - 2/7/2017 5:35:34 PM   
GalvezGuy

I like them. They are a little big but they age and evolve very well. I think they are decent value based on the current going rates in Napa.

Burgundy makes you think of silly things; Bordeaux makes you talk about them; Champagne makes you do them.

(in reply to CranBurgundy)
Post #: 3
RE: TOR/Kenward Family Wines - 2/16/2017 4:30:16 PM   
blarmston

I had never had their wines until a recent trip to 750 Wines in St Helena. Tasted the 2014 Herb Lamb Vineyard and it was delicious. Nice medium plus body with a solid 30 second finish. Very good QPR if I remember as well. It was the second best wine of the evening, finishing behind a 2014 Carter Weitz Vineyard, and matching up very well against a 2013 Kata, 2012 Mithra Pritchard Hill, and a couple others that were less superior to these mentioned.

I need to explore the HL area a bit more to find out other producers churning out the goods from that plot of heaven...

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 4
RE: TOR/Kenward Family Wines - 2/16/2017 6:57:39 PM   
BornToRhone

The winemake for Tor is Jeff Ames. Jeff was an assistant to TRB at Outpost, Schrader, and Tor Kenward. Jeff took over the job at Tor Kenward and also now has his own label called Rudius. Tor Kenward has some very good wines using grapes from ToKalon and chardonnnays and syrah from Hudson Vineyard (and others). As most ToKalon wines, they are not inexpensive, and tend to get pretty good scores.

-- The answer may not lie at the bottom of a bottle of wine, but you should at least check. --

(in reply to blarmston)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> TOR/Kenward Family Wines Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI