CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Dupes: Tondonia

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Dupes: Tondonia Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dupes: Tondonia - 3/11/2024 2:00:26 AM   
nnpad

https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=4356426
https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1929792

Edit: remove bosconia

< Message edited by nnpad -- 3/11/2024 5:19:19 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Dupes: Tondonia - 3/11/2024 4:55:34 AM   
andrew

Bosconia is a different vineyard.

The Vina Tondonia and Vina Tondonia Reserva are both the same and not the same. There are vintages that were released both way, though more recent ones are all Reserva and the older ones were, but weren't labelled as such. We sort of try to keep them apart but I need to find their email to me about the cutoff where there is only properly labelled Reserva.

Andrew Hall

CellarTracker Editorial & Support Services

(in reply to nnpad)
Post #: 2
RE: Dupes: Tondonia - 3/18/2024 3:53:33 PM   
forceberry

Any luck with the email?

I believe 2005 is the first vintage they bottled only as Reserva - at least I can't remember ever seeing a wine from that vintage that didn't have "Reserva" on the label. I believe there was a picture of 2004 Tondonia without the "Reserva" designation", so I guess they've bottled them as late as with 2004.

Have you ever heard why they've decided to bottle these wines with and without Reserva, if they've been the exact same wine? I understand that originally the wine was just ViƱa Tondonia (and the Gran Reserva had that "Cosecha de X" part), but once they started to label the basic Tondonia as Reserva, it would've made more sense to start labeling all the wines as Reserva instead of keeping two different labels for the same wine!

Anyways, I guess it's safe to merge at least all the Tondonias from the 2010's with the Reserva version. Probably also wines from 2005-2009, unless someone finds labels without the "Reserva" designation.

Check my blog and join me in my search for rare and unknown grape varieties and wine styles!
My CT profile

(in reply to andrew)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Dupes: Tondonia Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI