CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

2007 Domaine Paul Autard Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée La Cote Ronde

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> 2007 Domaine Paul Autard Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée La Cote Ronde Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2007 Domaine Paul Autard Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée La... - 1/15/2011 7:33:22 AM   
jamjo

A few friends are coming over for dinner tonight. One friend is not a wine geek like me but loves Crozes Hermitage. I find this rather interesting because he bypassed the over extracted Frakenstein phase and jumped into the old world pool. Roast pork will be the star with grilled veggies and riced potatoes. Maybe a tuna tar tar opener. Been itchen to make a tar tar. Let's get to the point already. Rhone theme. CDR, St. Joseph, Langudoc-Roussillon and the Autard 07 CdP Ronde. I have a case so it gives me more latitude. Who tried it? Should I sit on them and be more patient? I am itching to try it but can wait if it is way too young. Thoughts ? Suggestions?
Post #: 1
RE: 2007 Domaine Paul Autard Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvé... - 1/15/2011 12:04:32 PM   
kidsmurf2000

From what I've read, should be quite drinkable now... and if you have a case, now's perfect time to start drinking 1 a year as a January tradition

I have a case of 2007 Close des Papes, which I'm not planning on even opening for another 4 years... different beasties, I think.

(in reply to jamjo)
Post #: 2
RE: 2007 Domaine Paul Autard Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvé... - 1/15/2011 12:31:51 PM   
GalvezGuy

Jamjo,

Give it a little air, but it should be fine, just a little primary.

Burgundy makes you think of silly things; Bordeaux makes you talk about them; Champagne makes you do them.

(in reply to kidsmurf2000)
Post #: 3
RE: 2007 Domaine Paul Autard Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvé... - 1/15/2011 1:06:35 PM   
grafstrb

It will be very primary.  I suggest serving it closer to cellar temp than room temp, too.

Terroir is not a flavor.

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 4
RE: 2007 Domaine Paul Autard Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvé... - 1/15/2011 2:16:22 PM   
jamjo

This is what I decided.
Apps...Mas de la Rouviere Bandol Rose 2009 Opened and is delishiousness.
Salad...Domaine Bernard Moreau et Fils White Bourgogne 2008
Roast Pork....Maison Bouachon Saint Joseph 2003
Looking forward the the St. Joseph
Decided to sit on the Autard. I won't go thirsty. Thanks for the input.

(in reply to jamjo)
Post #: 5
RE: 2007 Domaine Paul Autard Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvé... - 1/15/2011 3:40:33 PM   
fingers

quote:

ORIGINAL: jamjo

This is what I decided.
Apps...Mas de la Rouviere Bandol Rose 2009 Opened and is delishiousness.
Salad...Domaine Bernard Moreau et Fils White Bourgogne 2008
Roast Pork....Maison Bouachon Saint Joseph 2003
Looking forward the the St. Joseph
Decided to sit on the Autard. I won't go thirsty. Thanks for the input.

Would like to know what you think of that Moreau... I picked up a half case of '08 Chassagne-Mont's

(in reply to jamjo)
Post #: 6
RE: 2007 Domaine Paul Autard Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvé... - 1/15/2011 6:54:00 PM   
jamjo

Fingers.. I am not a TN or RP points kind of guy. I prefer red over white by a huge margin. The besst white Berg. that I have had was 2008 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Bourgogne Blanc (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc). So the best I can do is this.
Nose- pear and ctris
Up front- citrus with a pinch of almond
Back end - acids are refined with a bit of lime stone.
Over all it was rather refined but did not have secondary notes that I had expected. The citrus was dominate but not overwhelming. A very pleasant wine. Let me know what you think of it when you pop one.

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 7
RE: 2007 Domaine Paul Autard Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvé... - 1/15/2011 7:13:50 PM   
jamjo

Fingers....Additional thoughts. Finishing the last glass. Don't drink too cold. There is a pinch of honey in the mid palate. This is room temperature after three hours of open time and shows a bit of tart apple. You will enjoy this.

(in reply to jamjo)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> 2007 Domaine Paul Autard Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée La Cote Ronde Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI