CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

I finished my cellar inventory! I finished my cellar inventory!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> I finished my cellar inventory! I finished my cellar inventory!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I finished my cellar inventory! I finished my cellar in... - 5/6/2024 2:17:36 PM   
River Rat

Let me just start by saying it’s been a long time since I’ve done inventory on my cellar and actually entered everything into CellarTracker. Online inventory was worthless. I couldn’t figure anything out. I built a new cellar a couple years ago and should’ve done the inventory as I was moving bottles in, but that was just too much to ask. I spent a couple of weekend days and many weekday evenings over the past two weeks going through the cellar counting everything slot by slot and then entering it all into CellarTracker. Last night at 10 PM I finally finished the task.

953 bottles out
1632 bottles in
Total count just under 1900

Like I said, it was a mess. Found a bunch of stuff I didn’t think I had anymore as well as a bunch of stuff I wish I didn’t still have. It’s a very satisfying feeling though. Let’s see if I can be vigilant enough to mark down bottles when they come out and in moving forward. Now I just need to stop buying.

So, what’s your excuse?
Post #: 1
RE: I finished my cellar inventory! I finished my cella... - 5/6/2024 4:51:09 PM   
skifree

I don't need an excuse to suck at CT.

I did my inventory in February. It always looks like you drank a TON of wine that month lol.

So much wine, so little time

(in reply to River Rat)
Post #: 2
RE: I finished my cellar inventory! I finished my cella... - 5/7/2024 7:08:34 AM   
wineismylife

We have a simple rule here. Nothing goes into the cellar unless it's been logged into CT. Nothing goes into the recycling bin unless it's been logged out of CT. Everybody in my home has been trained to do that. Even PURPLE will ask "Have you taken this out of CT yet?" The results are I do not suck at CT.

Joe

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ http://www.wineismylife.net/

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 3
RE: I finished my cellar inventory! I finished my cella... - 5/7/2024 9:54:38 AM   
eyewino

quote:

ORIGINAL: wineismylife

We have a simple rule here. Nothing goes into the cellar unless it's been logged into CT. Nothing goes into the recycling bin unless it's been logged out of CT. Everybody in my home has been trained to do that. Even PURPLE will ask "Have you taken this out of CT yet?" The results are I do not suck at CT.

I have the same policy at my house.

And I still suck at CT.

-Don

In Vino Veritas

(in reply to wineismylife)
Post #: 4
RE: I finished my cellar inventory! I finished my cella... - 5/7/2024 9:59:49 AM   
Eric

Congrats!

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker

(in reply to eyewino)
Post #: 5
RE: I finished my cellar inventory! I finished my cella... - 5/7/2024 1:14:17 PM   
KPB

A friend of mine is very sick, and a few people from the wine group are doing this for him. But many hands makes lighter work. My role will be centered on fixing the initial spreadsheet to match CT requirements...

Ken Birman
The Professor of Brettology

(in reply to Eric)
Post #: 6
RE: I finished my cellar inventory! I finished my cella... - 5/7/2024 7:46:53 PM   
mclancy10006

Congratulations on your inventory!!! I am in the back sliding part of the journey but will try to do a true up when I am back east. Having two places and moving stuff back and forth leaves lots of room for error.

-Mark

(in reply to KPB)
Post #: 7
RE: I finished my cellar inventory! I finished my cella... - 5/8/2024 10:53:02 AM   
bretrooks

Yeah, congrats!

I'm diligent enough (and have a small enough collection) that I rarely have bottles go awol, but I'm probably due for another doublecheck of what's in the rack, what's in the fridge, etc.

WSET L3 in Wines
My Cellar

(in reply to mclancy10006)
Post #: 8
RE: I finished my cellar inventory! I finished my cella... - 5/8/2024 12:35:11 PM   
wdcwineguys

About every 6-12mo I try to do an inventory. I normally find a handful of bottles that I forgot to mark out and find a few bottles that never got put in. It’s satisfying when it’s all accurate and corrected. (For however short a time that is)

I do wish CT had an easy audit feature. I typically print out a report and the have my iPad to make corrections. It isn’t the fastest method.

(in reply to bretrooks)
Post #: 9
RE: I finished my cellar inventory! I finished my cella... - 5/8/2024 10:21:25 PM   
recotte

Congratulations! I did a full inventory last year when moving my cellar onsite out of offsite. Then it took me the better part of a year to fully update CT!!! It is a non-trivial task!!!!!!

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

(in reply to wdcwineguys)
Post #: 10
RE: I finished my cellar inventory! I finished my cella... - 5/9/2024 6:49:56 AM   
River Rat

Really only way I was able to do it was because I’m not drinking at the moment (part of a diet), so my outgoing bottles are nil. Anything incoming got counted during the inventory. Itherwise we’re remivjng a bottle a night and that messes everything up.

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> I finished my cellar inventory! I finished my cellar inventory!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI