CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

v3.10.5

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> v3.10.5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v3.10.5 - 7/7/2008 10:00:42 PM   
Eric

v 3.10.5

A few odds and ends in this release:
  • Some cleanup on the professional content integration:
    • John Gilman's View From the Cellar scores and drinking windows now appear in the Excel webquery as well as on printed barcode labels.
    • John Kapon's Vintage Tastings scores and drinking windows now appear in the Excel webquery as well as on printed barcode labels.
    • Gary Vaynerchuk's scores now appear in the Excel webquery.
  • Drinkability report cleanup:
    • A few weeks ago I had to disable the display of the drinkability index on the wine detail pages. I did some necessary performance cleanup and have re-enabled this. If it becomes a problem again there is some much deeper work I can do, but I am hoping this will do the job for now. As a nice side benefit, the drinkability report should be faster.
    • John Gilman is the first of the professional content channels with corresponding drinking windows for most of his reviews. I have much more fully integrated this into the site and into the drinkability report. I may have missed a few spots so will do a further review soon, but this is a pretty great start.
  • Misc bug fix
    • Some of the filtering options for printing barcode labels (vintage, type, keyword search) have been broken since the dawn of time. I fixed this.
  • CellarTracker API
    • This has been coming up a LOT lately. Lots of people wanting to integrate tools into CellarTracker, built alternate UI's, mobile experiences etc. And I am happy to enable a number of these scenarios.
    • Not quite ready for primetime and not a true REST API. However, under the covers it is now possible to generate XML, CSV or tab-delimited text for any per-user, tabular views on the site. I have some added options I want to add here before documenting this and opening it up. But, if this sounds interesting please do feel free to shoot me an email, eric@cellartracker.com

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker
Post #: 1
RE: v3.10.5 - 8/19/2014 1:38:44 AM   
Eric

People keep emailing me.

Do you know what they say about a few bad apples spoiling the barrel? I have had a few API consumers who have tried to use the API as a backdoor to try and steal large swathes of my wine database (no user data) or generally create inadvertent denial of service issues. They have ruined the party for everyone else.

So I am not interested in providing any further access to my API except in the context of a much larger business discussion. I have a few such partners (e.g. Cor.kz, CellarVU, WineGlass), but generally those are very time consuming relationships to setup. So while I am open to receiving email about potential partnerships, at this point I am (a) not interested in having coffee or conference calls with everyone who is interested (about 10 such approaches per week), (b) not interested in opening up a general purpose API, (c) and not interested in selling or licensing my database.

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker

(in reply to Eric)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> v3.10.5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages