CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Easier Bulk Selection and Unsaved Changes Warning

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> Easier Bulk Selection and Unsaved Changes Warning Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Easier Bulk Selection and Unsaved Changes Warning - 7/20/2017 4:07:50 PM   
dpolivy

Over the past couple of weeks, we've rolled out a few new enhancements to the mobile apps and website that we wanted to call attention to:

Easier Bulk Selection
On the website, we've added the ability to do SHIFT+click and CONTROL+click to more easily select items for bulk manipulation. When doing a SHIFT+click, all rows between (and including) the currently selected row, and the one you click on, will be selected and ready for a bulk action. You can also use CONTROL+click (COMMAND+click on Mac) to individually toggle the selected state of a single row.

These behaviors are enabled on all list views which currently support bulk actions (e.g. there is a checkbox to the left of the wine glass icon in the list view). Additionally, the CONTROL+click behavior is also enabled on the bottles list within the Drink or Remove page, the View/Edit all # Bottles, Edit my # bottles, and Consumed sub-pages for a wine.

We hope these additions make selecting subsets of bottles easier!

Unsaved Changes Warning
We know how frustrating it can be to make some adjustments to your cellar, and then realize those changes didn't actually stick. To help prevent this, we've added logic to both the mobile apps and website to detect when you've made a change to a form, and prompt you if you attempt to leave the page before saving your changes. This adds a small safety net to make sure changes get saved the way you expect.

Both of these changes were based on user feedback; we truly appreciate hearing your feedback and suggestions for improvement! If you run into an issues while using either of these features, please reach out to us for assistance.

Dan
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> Easier Bulk Selection and Unsaved Changes Warning Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI