CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Stock up on Barbaresco

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Stock up on Barbaresco Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stock up on Barbaresco - 12/14/2017 7:45:57 AM   
RobRah

I see that the new 2013 releases of Barbaresco riservas from Produttori are at £276 GBP per 6.

The 2011s are currently on the market at around £180 GBP for 6.

Looks like Produttori are hiking their prices, as it appears to be the same in currencies other than GBP so it isn't the exchange rate.

Perhaps another QPR down the drain. Damn. So fill up on those back vintages if you like these wines.

My CT Profile
Post #: 1
RE: Stock up on Barbaresco - 12/14/2017 11:10:01 PM   
klaus3974

Well then I would be buying less Produttori...

In any case, it is easy to understand why they are trying to charge a higher price. Barbaresco was always considered the little brother of Barolo but in the last few vintages some Produttori have received very high scores from critics what put them in the radar for less knowledgeable consumers. They are trying to cash on it and on the fact that 2013 seems to be a very good vintage both in Piedmont and Tuscany.

The good news is that there is always a great winemaker somewhere in the planet trying to make a name for himself and selling at very reasonable prices.

(in reply to RobRah)
Post #: 2
RE: Stock up on Barbaresco - 12/16/2017 5:06:24 AM   
BigJ

Potentially I have just been over paying for the previous vintage.. but, in the giant market that is New Zealand, the release price of the '11s and '13s was almost identical and fits in the middle of the prices you have quoted. Maybe the moving world currencies has a part to play in this?

(in reply to RobRah)
Post #: 3
RE: Stock up on Barbaresco - 12/16/2017 11:45:59 AM   
RobRah

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigJ

Potentially I have just been over paying for the previous vintage.. but, in the giant market that is New Zealand, the release price of the '11s and '13s was almost identical and fits in the middle of the prices you have quoted. Maybe the moving world currencies has a part to play in this?

Not sure... the 2008s were released at the same absolute value in GBP as the 2011s were.

My CT Profile

(in reply to BigJ)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Stock up on Barbaresco Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI