CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

R. Lopez Heredia Gran Reservas

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> R. Lopez Heredia Gran Reservas Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
R. Lopez Heredia Gran Reservas - 2/5/2018 2:04:44 PM   
mclancy10006

So I know the current release of the Tondonia and Bosconia GRs are the 1995 vintage. Does anyone have info as to what is the next vintage where the Gran Reserva are going to be made\released? In other words what is sitting in the cave I should be stalking for the future?

-Mark

Post #: 1
RE: R. Lopez Heredia Gran Reservas - 2/5/2018 2:29:08 PM   
wineismylife

Kind of hard to tell at times as they've been known to release them out of order.

Joe

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ http://www.wineismylife.net/

(in reply to mclancy10006)
Post #: 2
RE: R. Lopez Heredia Gran Reservas - 2/5/2018 2:34:01 PM   
mercurius

I'd imagine 2001, 2004, and 2005 will have Gran Reserva releases. https://253qv1sx4ey389p9wtpp9sj0-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Vintage_Chart_forWeb_2018_page02_R1.jpg

(in reply to wineismylife)
Post #: 3
RE: R. Lopez Heredia Gran Reservas - 2/5/2018 2:45:00 PM   
champagneinhand

I would think both 2001, 2004 and 2005 are in the barrels but who knows exactly what and when.

For now we just enjoy the reservas. The 2005 already has some great reviews but I’ll keep them in the cellar for now.

-Periko might be able to add some more information as he’s been a reliable Spanish wine reference.

He told me to keep 2005 Pintia (Vega Sicilia) Toro, hidden in the cellar for at least 10 years back in 2015. I would think it’s the same with Alion. With GR, you just never know, but a good bit of bottle time never hurts anything.

I’ll ask my JJB guy if he can inquire with their Spanish wine buyer.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to wineismylife)
Post #: 4
RE: R. Lopez Heredia Gran Reservas - 2/6/2018 4:04:12 AM   
forceberry

quote:

ORIGINAL: champagneinhand

I would think both 2001, 2004 and 2005 are in the barrels but who knows exactly what and when.

For now we just enjoy the reservas. The 2005 already has some great reviews but I’ll keep them in the cellar for now.

-Periko might be able to add some more information as he’s been a reliable Spanish wine reference.

He told me to keep 2005 Pintia (Vega Sicilia) Toro, hidden in the cellar for at least 10 years back in 2015. I would think it’s the same with Alion. With GR, you just never know, but a good bit of bottle time never hurts anything.

I’ll ask my JJB guy if he can inquire with their Spanish wine buyer.

I drunk Pintia 2007 a few months back and it was getting pretty old. I guess 2005 will hold on for longer, because it is a better vintage, but on average Pintia seems like a wine made to run for the 10-year distance, but perhaps not benefiting from further aging.

Alion is a much more concentrated and tannic in style with more noticeable new oak character. I suppose it will last much longer, but I've never had an older Alion, so it's impossible for me to say anything for certain.

Check my blog and join me in my search for rare and unknown grape varieties and wine styles!
My CT profile

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 5
RE: R. Lopez Heredia Gran Reservas - 2/6/2018 7:28:53 AM   
desertwine

quote:

Lopez Heredia

I have 9 of the 04 in my cellar - not gran - just reservas
Dan

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> R. Lopez Heredia Gran Reservas Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI