CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Tasting Story with pictures

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Tasting Story with pictures Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tasting Story with pictures - 5/5/2019 3:54:37 AM   
oldwines

I have seen others do a tasting story that includes pictures of the food. I input a story this weekend but was unable to figure out how to insert the pictures. I am not the most savy user of various apps but any help would be appreciated...

Dave aka “oldwines”
Post #: 1
RE: Tasting Story with pictures - 5/5/2019 4:00:10 AM   
Paul852

The key point to know is that you can't upload pictures to the CT site. You need to upload them somewhere else and then embed links to those pictures in your story here.

There are many free image hosting sites. I happen to use imgbb.com, but there are plenty of others.

(in reply to oldwines)
Post #: 2
RE: Tasting Story with pictures - 5/5/2019 6:21:55 AM   
Eric

And you use UBB syntax for embedding the URL to the picture.

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker

(in reply to Paul852)
Post #: 3
RE: Tasting Story with pictures - 5/6/2019 3:38:02 AM   
oldwines

Thanks for information...I implemented with the help of my son who works at Google... but very funny result. When I looked at it on the MacBook, where I worked on it all, it was fine. My son in San Jose, CA also saw it fine on his desktop, but there were no pics on the Mobile phone version, when I looked at it on my iPad in the mobile app, also no pics...via safari some pics (2) showed up and others were "blanked out" showing the word "image" and a box/picture frame with a "?" in it. Then when I looked at it on my PC desktop using MS Edge, I saw the same thing...?? When I used Google Chrome on the PC desktop it looked fine... I did use GooglePhotos to host the images, since I already had an account there and was familiar with it... I assume the mobile apps may not support the pictures, but the differences on the desktop browsers is a little perplexing... Thoughts? and thanks again...

Dave

(in reply to oldwines)
Post #: 4
RE: Tasting Story with pictures - 5/6/2019 10:13:27 AM   
dpolivy

Due to current security policies, the mobile apps won't show externally hosted pictures. It's something I'm aware of. As for the desktop, it looks like there are permissions issues loading your images. I'm unable to see most of them, and the URLs are returning a 403 error code (forbidden).

Dan

(in reply to oldwines)
Post #: 5
RE: Tasting Story with pictures - 5/6/2019 5:56:02 PM   
oldwines

Thanks...I think I figured it out...appreciate the help

(in reply to dpolivy)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Tasting Story with pictures Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI