CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Feature Request - Flag Wines in My Cellar

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Feature Request - Flag Wines in My Cellar Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Feature Request - Flag Wines in My Cellar - 8/22/2021 12:53:22 AM   
benf207

Hi,

I think it would be helpful to have the ability to flag (or star) certain wines in my cellar that are on my short list of "to be drank imminently". That way I can look through the my cellar page of wines, and quickly pick one out from the flagged wines I had previously selected.

I get that I could add a personal drinking window, but I still want to see the real window and have the drinkability score update correctly (especially if I have multiple bottles).

The drinkability report is also handy, but does not always match up with my short list of wines to drink in the immediate future. For example, there may be older bottles on that list that I'm saving for a special occasion that I'm not planning to drink soon. Also the drinkability report doesn't usually play nice with NV wines.

It would be handy to have a few different flag options (different colors?) too. For example, you could flag wines you have picked out for a certain upcoming event one color, or flag wines that were coravined but are still in the cellar... etc.

Is there a feature that exists already that could possibly accomplish this?

Post #: 1
RE: Feature Request - Flag Wines in My Cellar - 8/22/2021 10:00:08 AM   
Eric

The "wishlist" feature is actually an arbitrary "TAGGED LIST" feature where you can add as many wines as you want to custom lists. So I do exactly what you describe with a tagged list of wines I intend to drink.

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker

(in reply to benf207)
Post #: 2
RE: Feature Request - Flag Wines in My Cellar - 8/22/2021 10:20:23 AM   
benf207

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eric

The "wishlist" feature is actually an arbitrary "TAGGED LIST" feature where you can add as many wines as you want to custom lists. So I do exactly what you describe with a tagged list of wines I intend to drink.

Yeah I guess that works, it's just not all that seamless.

Upon consumption I have to remove it from both the cellar and the list, which is two separate actions, which means it could be easy for my wish list to not actually be accurate.

Plus I still think it would be nice to be able to look at your whole cellar, and be able to see which ones of those have been flagged while scrolling through.

(in reply to Eric)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Feature Request - Flag Wines in My Cellar Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI