CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Using the right date

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Using the right date Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using the right date - 10/12/2021 12:01:27 AM   
Paul852

I've mentioned this before, but it's becoming irritating... when entering a tasting note the consumption date is prefilled with the date where your servers are, not the date where I am (even though the drop down calendar does correctly highlight my current date). Moreover, on the TN screen it seems impossible to edit the date to one that is later than the server date. All I can do is save the TN then go to edit the consumption data for the bottle. On that screen I can enter a date later than the server date.

For me this affects lunchtime tastings, but for Kiwis it affects nearly all of them!

Every other website I use takes "current date" where needed to be my current date, not the server's current date. I can't think of any circumstances where you wouldn't want the user's current date in data entry. Surely it can't be too hard to do a global search and replace on the relevant code in the website?
Post #: 1
RE: Using the right date - 10/12/2021 11:08:56 PM   
AlexGarner

Interestingly I logged this issue as a bug some years ago and I was pretty sure it got fixed. I remember having this issue, but once it was fixed I've not seen it happen again. I'm in Australia, so it was a pretty serious issue as our timezone is way ahead of the US. It's currently 5pm on Christmas eve here.

Do you think I can find the message board post about it though!

(in reply to Paul852)
Post #: 2
RE: Using the right date - 10/12/2021 11:18:52 PM   
dpolivy

Indeed, good memory, Alex! It was about a year ago that I fixed this on mobile so it defaults to the current date for the device. However, I didn't implement the same thing in the desktop version (yet).

Dan

(in reply to AlexGarner)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Using the right date Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI