CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

New NWR Threads

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> New NWR Threads Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 10:58:07 AM   
dsGris

I try not to buy any more wine, but still enjoy the camaraderie of forum discussions that do not pertain directly to wine. Some topics have shown to be of interest to others such as: music, art, sports, family (grand kids). I am curious if others would like threads similar to Active Users and Joe le Taxis for these subjects.

DennisG
Granpa Wino
Post #: 1
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 11:00:51 AM   
pbm

All four make sense to me.

PBM
The Liver Is Evil It Must Be Punished

(in reply to dsGris)
Post #: 2
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 11:04:06 AM   
musedir

Good luck on the restraint from buying but stay active in the NWR threads as they will also vicariously feed your needs for wine chat too.

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to dsGris)
Post #: 3
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 11:05:23 AM   
Serge Birbrair

you just inspired me :)

tsk....

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 4
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 11:25:03 AM   
dsGris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Serge Birbrair

you just inspired me :)

Serge, you are inspiration enough for your own thread! I was tempted.

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to Serge Birbrair)
Post #: 5
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 11:26:44 AM   
tacman

There's this really cool site called Facebook ...

"I'm drinking some wine, eating some cheese, and catching some rays, you know..." - Oddball (Kelly's Heroes)

Post #: 6
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 11:36:03 AM   
champagneinhand

quote:

ORIGINAL: tacman

My facebook is polluted by people from my life who are bent on posting Politics. I don'y go there much these days. I even put up Champagne InHand as an alternate facebook identity to eliminate the political nonsense.

I am +1 on NWR topics here as long as they meet CT guidelines banning politics...and other things.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to tacman)
Post #: 7
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 11:41:00 AM   
Serge Birbrair

quote:

ORIGINAL: champagneinhand

quote:

ORIGINAL: tacman

My facebook is polluted by people from my life who are bent on posting Politics. I don'y go there much these days. I even put up Champagne InHand as an alternate facebook identity to eliminate the political nonsense.

I am +1 on NWR topics here as long as they meet CT guidelines banning politics...and other things.

yeah, showing "other things" might get you in trouble, REAL trouble!
;)

http://steigerlaw.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c7ed153ef0134836065a5970c-800wi

tsk....

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 8
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 11:45:13 AM   
bretrooks

quote:

ORIGINAL: champagneinhand

I agree with this too, although I would prefer smaller discrete topics (like the "Greatest albums of All Time" one which was recently active) rather than one big topic called "NWR : Music".

WSET L3 in Wines
My Cellar

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 9
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 12:07:40 PM   
Hollowine

For those who post on Wine Berserkers, there is a forum called The Asylum. It's for "everything else".

I have built some wonderful friendships off of CT, and part of that comes from our ability to discuss just about anything and to (generally) have fun and do it civilly. But I know there are many people who have pared back their posting on this site because the topics so frequently diverge from wine.

My vote, if it were possible, would be to have Eric add a new forum. There is much we can share and enjoy, but it gets a bit much when we are coming here to think and talk about wine to have all that showing up amidst the Wine threads.

Just my .02

(in reply to bretrooks)
Post #: 10
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 12:11:26 PM   
Serge Birbrair

Hollo, I think Eric's biggest fear that NWR forum would require something this forum doesn't have - the MOD!
We are all well behaved talking about wines!

tsk....

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 11
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 12:26:35 PM   
dsGris

Scott, I tend to agree with both points. Eric seems to like it the way it is. I would utilize a NWR category and leave Wine Talk just for wine, some like the community and other just want information. While I visit Berserkers, I post less there. It is a different crowd with some cross over. I think people here are more comfortable here and try hard to remain civil.

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 12
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 12:28:03 PM   
dsGris

quote:

Hollo, I think Eric's biggest fear that NWR forum would require something this forum doesn't have - the MOD!
We are all well behaved talking about wines!

How right you are.

DennisG
Granpa Wino

Post #: 13
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 12:35:43 PM   
tacman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hollowine

For those who post on Wine Berserkers, there is a forum called The Asylum. It's for "everything else".

I have built some wonderful friendships off of CT, and part of that comes from our ability to discuss just about anything and to (generally) have fun and do it civilly. But I know there are many people who have pared back their posting on this site because the topics so frequently diverge from wine.

My vote, if it were possible, would be to have Eric add a new forum. There is much we can share and enjoy, but it gets a bit much when we are coming here to think and talk about wine to have all that showing up amidst the Wine threads.

Just my .02

Amen ... my point exactly.

"I'm drinking some wine, eating some cheese, and catching some rays, you know..." - Oddball (Kelly's Heroes)

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 14
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 12:45:21 PM   
Serge Birbrair

quote:

ORIGINAL: dsGris

Scott, I tend to agree with both points. Eric seems to like it the way it is. I would utilize a NWR category and leave Wine Talk just for wine, some like the community and other just want information. While I visit Berserkers, I post less there. It is a different crowd with some cross over. I think people here are more comfortable here and try hard to remain civil.

I think the reason behind civility here is bigger percentage of doctors and lesser percentage of lawyers compared to WB!

tsk....

(in reply to dsGris)
Post #: 15
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 1:37:29 PM   
smigdiggler

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: dsGris

I think the reason behind civility here is bigger percentage of doctors and lesser percentage of lawyers compared to WB!

Semi retired from the wine business, but can't seem to let go of opportunities when they present themselves

PlaywrightWines on Instagram

Post #: 16
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 3:16:25 PM   
pbm

I think the suggestion was just for standing threads...which I like. I'm not interested in having to hop between forums. 

PBM

(in reply to smigdiggler)
Post #: 17
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 3:52:10 PM   
J2K

Eric doesnt want to be a moderator of this forum, cant imagine he start another forum for unrelated wine topics.

I like the NWR threads that pop up and the Active Users thread for life comments in between.

(in reply to pbm)
Post #: 18
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/15/2011 7:39:03 PM   
Hollowine

Why would Eric have to moderate a NWR forum? Don't we (the collective community on CT Forum, and the Mega trackers in particular) self moderate everything anyway for Eric? And given the low "foot traffic" CT Forum gets compared to every other wine forum, I really don't think it would be opening up that big a can of worms.

Seriously, outside of the inconvenience to ourselves having to switch forums, I really don't see this as a big issue other than if it posed any kind of inconvenience or technical challenge for Eric.

(in reply to J2K)
Post #: 19
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/16/2011 3:03:41 AM   
S1

agreed

Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 20
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/16/2011 3:12:45 AM   
pjaines

We barely stay on message as it is with a lot of posts - and given the amount of flack that numb-nut (Theodore) received when he tried to spam last week I think we do a decent job of self-regulating/scaring people off.

< Message edited by pjaines -- 12/16/2011 3:13:13 AM >

My new DJ stuff....

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 21
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/16/2011 3:14:52 AM   
S1

poor Theodore--I miss him.
That thread was great entertainment

Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to pjaines)
Post #: 22
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/16/2011 3:58:04 AM   
musedir

MONTJOY  I shall, King Harry. And so fare thee well:  
  Thou never shalt hear herald any more.

So goes Master Teddy, our Herald for GoodWine, who was as wise to the situation as the Dauphin...

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 23
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/16/2011 4:02:50 AM   
smahk

quote:

I think we do a decent job of self-regulating/scaring people off.

quote:

the low "foot traffic" CT Forum gets compared to every other wine forum

Just wondering.......Do you think one has to do with the other?

Cin Cin!

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 24
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/16/2011 4:40:16 AM   
dontime

quote:

Why would Eric have to moderate a NWR forum? Don't we (the collective community on CT Forum, and the Mega trackers in particular) self moderate everything anyway for Eric? And given the low "foot traffic" CT Forum gets compared to every other wine forum, I really don't think it would be opening up that big a can of worms.

Seriously, outside of the inconvenience to ourselves having to switch forums, I really don't see this as a big issue other than if it posed any kind of inconvenience or technical challenge for Eric.

Hmmm...didn't know that was part of the job description.  May need to ask for a pay raise.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 25
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/16/2011 5:27:46 AM   
pbm

quote:

ORIGINAL: dontime

quote:

Hmmm...didn't know that was part of the job description.  May need to ask for a pay raise.

I think he means that we're the biggest a-holes.

PBM

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 26
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/16/2011 5:57:20 AM   
Hollowine

quote:

ORIGINAL: pbm

quote:

ORIGINAL: dontime

quote:

I think he means that we're the biggest a-holes.

Having just spent two days in the cellar of one of the biggest, most generous a-holes on this board, I consider that a term of endearment.

(in reply to pbm)
Post #: 27
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/16/2011 6:00:25 AM   
musedir

Hey!! Pay attention! These last few comments should be on the Mega thread... just being an a-hole moderator...

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 28
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/16/2011 6:08:42 AM   
J2K

Mega Trackers moderating Mega Trackers!! Never thought that would happen and we dont even have a NWR forum yet!!!

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 29
RE: New NWR Threads - 12/16/2011 6:19:00 AM   
dontime

quote:

ORIGINAL: J2K

Mega Trackers moderating Mega Trackers!! Never thought that would happen and we dont even have a NWR forum yet!!!

Dogs and cats living together...

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to J2K)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> New NWR Threads Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI