CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Drinkability Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Drinkability Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Drinkability Question - 9/22/2020 3:17:35 AM   
Andrew42

Sometime in the last few months I bought some bottles of non vintage Sake, (Hakutsuru). CT has automatically applied a drinking window of 2014 - 2016 so obviously shows the bottles as well past their consumption window. What might I have done that caused CT to apply such a window to an NV bottle bought in 2020?
Post #: 1
RE: Drinkability Question - 9/22/2020 4:17:24 AM   
Paul852

The concept of a community-level drinking window for NV wines is obviously nonsense. Even for vintage wines it is hugely subjective and therefore pretty much meaningless to me. It's one of the few fields on CT to which I pay no attention whatsoever. You havethe option to set a drinking window for yourself which would seem to be the obvious thing to do if you are buying wine to lay down.

(in reply to Andrew42)
Post #: 2
RE: Drinkability Question - 9/22/2020 4:43:42 AM   
racerchris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew42

What might I have done that caused CT to apply such a window to an NV bottle bought in 2020?

If you haven't entered your own drinking window, CT will apply the Community average drinking window.
I set my own drinking window for every one of my wines, although sometimes I use the same begin and end years as the community average. Its especially important for NV wines which are mostly intended for consumption within a few years of bottling.

Chris Foley
Searching for very good to excellent, cheap Bordeaux
stainlesswineracks.com

(in reply to Andrew42)
Post #: 3
RE: Drinkability Question - 9/23/2020 1:59:33 AM   
Andrew42

Thank you for the observations. I realise that I have the option to set a drinking window and that one for NV bottles is not really necessary. I was simply wondering if I did something to cause CT to apply an out of date range to an NV bottle purchased in 2020.

(in reply to racerchris)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Drinkability Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI