CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Inside burgundy subscription

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Inside burgundy subscription Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Inside burgundy subscription - 6/21/2023 12:46:38 PM   
Wine Grove

So earlier this year I bought the Jasper Morris Inside Burgundy 2nd edition book - it is such an amazing almanac of all the history of the winemakers and vineyards throughout the Burgundy region. I'm so glad I pulled the trigger and have this amazing resource.

My question to this forum is, do any of you actively subscribe the the Inside Burgundy website, which includes all the on-going articles and tasting notes from Jasper?

Is it a great source for actual JM tasting notes for specific vintage bottlings, as well as the more detailed articles about winemakers/vineyards,etc? I imagine so, but figure to see if any of you burgundy experts use his website subscription for more fluid updates and notes on the region, and if it is a good value (about $100/year).
Post #: 1
RE: Inside burgundy subscription - 6/21/2023 9:14:43 PM   
skifree

I do not.

Cut all my subscriptions out this past year as I am not buying current releases of the great wines anymore.

So much wine, so little time

(in reply to Wine Grove)
Post #: 2
RE: Inside burgundy subscription - 6/22/2023 3:31:59 PM   
S1

quote:

ORIGINAL: skifree

I do not.

Cut all my subscriptions out this past year as I am not buying current releases of the great wines anymore.

Ditto
But when Jasper was working on the book, he posted quite a bit on Berserkers, mining the depth of Burgundy knowledge there to make sure he covered all the bases.
Heck of a guy.

Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Inside burgundy subscription Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI