CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

v 2.4.13 and 2.4.14 release notes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> v 2.4.13 and 2.4.14 release notes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v 2.4.13 and 2.4.14 release notes - 10/20/2004 1:30:32 AM   
Eric

REPORTING (v2.4.14)
With this checkin I have created one of the coolest widgets that I have ever created in 12 years of working on software. It is now possible to build grouped reports (a.k.a. pivot tables) in two dimensions for any of Type, Vintage, Varietal, MasterVarietal, Producer, Designation, Vineyard, Country, Region, SubRegion, Appellation, Location, and Bin. I took many of the existing summary reports (varietal, producer, vintage, region and location) and converted to use this newer, more general tool. More importantly, users can easily take any one of these reports and easily change the grouping to suit their preferences. I also added a new default support report by wine type. I will be doing lots of more work in this area in the future such as exposing more pivotable fields (bottle size), more pivotable data types (tasting notes, purchases and consumption), the ability to do 3 levels of pivoting (today 2 are supported) and the ability to more easily add/see/customize filters and sorts. I'm pretty excited about the extensibility here! As a small but nice cosmetic side effect of this, the dual-dimensional pivots now merge rows vertically where appropriate which makes things cleaner and more readable.

VALUATION AND PRICE (v2.4.14)
For quite some time people have been asking for a way to see purchase price alongside valuation somewhere on the site. Likewise, for users who have eschewed purchase data but have entered valuation, they used to have no way to measure the cost of their consumption. I still have a lot more work in this area, but with this checkin I have made some underlying infrastructure changes that will enable me to do so. For now there are two visible changes: (1) The web query now exposes both a price AND a valuation column. (2) The consumption reports now leverage valuation data if the purchase associated with a consumed bottle is blank.

TASTING NOTE PUBLISHING (v2.4.13)
I added direct integration to the Wine Spectator and International Wine Cellar (Tanzer) discussion forums. I am a little worried that the Wine Spectator forum will start blocking posts in a few days, but for now both seem to work nicely. Let me know if they don't work for you.

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> v 2.4.13 and 2.4.14 release notes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI