CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Tasting Notes To Note

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Tasting Notes To Note Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tasting Notes To Note - 6/27/2008 11:44:24 AM   
Colonel Lawrence

It's been noted by many that there are some mighty interesting TN's out there - good, bad and ugly.
Why not have a place to celebrate them?

I'll start with a note on a wine I own (but have not yet tried):

2001 Viña Almaviva S.A. Almaviva (Chile, Central Valley, Maipo Valley, Puente Alto)  

Tasted by TwoDogs on 6/26/2008 & rated 96 points: I could dot this behind my ears and wear it for perfume. I love the motor-oil smell. (98 views)

Not sure how to take this, does it mean it's great if you like Biker Chicks?
Is TwoDogs a biker chick?
Would Che Guevara have liked Almaviva?
Will I like the 2001 Almaviva?
And I thought TN's would help me
L.

First they came for ....................
Post #: 1
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/27/2008 12:16:32 PM   
Maestro

1997 Paul Jaboulet Aîné Condrieu

Tasted by remeny1 on 5/14/2007 & rated 50 points: This is a dead dog. Past it's prime, and drinking like stale gasoline. My life is worse for having drank this. ARghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Three bottles consumed with consistent notes.

I love the "my life is worse for having drank this" combined with "three bottles consumed with consistent notes".

Masochism, I suppose. Or everlasting hope.

(in reply to Colonel Lawrence)
Post #: 2
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/27/2008 12:40:54 PM   
Colonel Lawrence

"Stale gasoline" I reckon TwoDogs would love it
Wonder if he had a case!
L.

(in reply to Maestro)
Post #: 3
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/27/2008 12:41:30 PM   
Serge Birbrair

I love consistency of this author who uses the same text for all the vintages with just slight variations.

1996 Château Mouton Rothschild (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac)  
5/31/2008
ewineguy

There were many amazing moments at the 2008 Post Hotel Wine Summit in Lake Louise Alberta Canada, but one of the highlights was a standing room only technical tasting of nine vintages from Chateau Mouton Rothschild. The charismatic and entertaining Adrien Laurent, North American Export Manager for Baroness Rothschild led us through this barrage of big Bordeaux and explained label by label nuances of the various artists who have graced the labels over the years. My first observation was how all nine glasses appeared the same dark inky purple beautiful color. The 1996 was one of my top 2 favorites from this amazing technical tasting. Its disappointing now to my notes note that says “get one case-cellar at least 5 years”. This babe had coffees, licorice, currants or crème de cassis (I can never get them straight), smokiness but not BBQish more pipe or cigar. Most of these aromas carried over to the taste plus leather, chewy fruits line candied cherries or berries, and you know the edges of a blueberry pie where the fruit kinda jams up a bit, well it had that. It went on and on and well, I really like it. (359 views)
CLICK TO FIND THIS WINE | REPORT ISSUE | FAVORITE AUTHOR

1998 Château Mouton Rothschild (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac)  
5/31/2008
ewineguy

There were many amazing moments at the 2008 Post Hotel Wine Summit in Lake Louise Alberta Canada, but one of the highlights was a standing room only technical tasting of nine vintages from Chateau Mouton Rothschild. The charismatic and entertaining Adrien Laurent, North American Export Manager for Baroness Rothschild led us through this barrage of big Bordeaux and explained label by label nuances of the various artists who have graced the labels over the years. My first observation was how all nine glasses appeared the same dark inky purple beautiful color. The 1998 was lsightly lighter in color than all other at the table. While this was a great wine, it seemed a notch or two down from the 2000 and 03. Coffee, currant, and some leathery aromas made it way out of the glass. On the tongue, minerals like a chalky feel to it. Not like a merlot, but like a slate taste and smell. There was a meaty taste to as well almost gamey. I don’t know if this is between peaks as Adrien might have suggested or if this is not as stellar as some of the other Moutons. (404 views)

2001 Château Mouton Rothschild (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac)  
5/31/2008
ewineguy

There were many amazing moments at the 2008 Post Hotel Wine Summit in Lake Louise Alberta Canada, but one of the highlights was a standing room only technical tasting of nine vintages from Chateau Mouton Rothschild. The charismatic and entertaining Adrien Laurent, North American Export Manager for Baroness Rothschild led us through this barrage of big Bordeaux and explained label by label nuances of the various artists who have graced the labels over the years. My first observation was how all nine glasses appeared the same dark inky purple beautiful color. The 2001 was yet another great pour. I was able to detect that this was not as big as maybe the 02 and 02, but still very nice. It had a tack room leather type aroma to it. Crème de cassis and or currant berry smells rolled out of the glass and some earthy tones as well. In the mouth, there was a jamminess, peppery, smooth pleasant feel and taste. So far this was the first of the Mouton I actually did spit. Don’t get me wrong a great wine and maybe in time….. (342 views)

2002 Château Mouton Rothschild (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac)  
5/31/2008
ewineguy

There were many amazing moments at the 2008 Post Hotel Wine Summit in Lake Louise Alberta Canada, but one of the highlights was a standing room only technical tasting of nine vintages from Chateau Mouton Rothschild. The charismatic and entertaining Adrien Laurent, North American Export Manager for Baroness Rothschild led us through this barrage of big Bordeaux and explained label by label nuances of the various artists who have graced the labels over the years. My first observation was how all nine glasses appeared the same dark inky purple beautiful color. The 2002 was also incredible. I got a cedar closet aroma, gentle smoke like a block away from your favorite BBQ joint, that first smell when you open an expensive dark chocolate, and herbs like thyme or oregano still on the vine. Once in the mouth I knew I would not be rinsing and spitting this one. Jammy, pepper, indiscernible fruits, Big bodacious and delicious yet so very young. I will share one of these with my 11 year old son when he turns 21. (413 views)

2003 Château Mouton Rothschild (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac)  
5/31/2008
ewineguy

There were many amazing moments at the 2008 Post Hotel Wine Summit in Lake Louise Alberta Canada, but one of the highlights was a standing room only technical tasting of nine vintages from Chateau Mouton Rothschild. The charismatic and entertaining Adrien Laurent, North American Export Manager for Baroness Rothschild led us through this barrage of big Bordeaux and explained label by label nuances of the various artists who have graced the labels over the years. My first observation was how all nine glasses appeared the same dark inky purple beautiful color. The 2003 had an aroma that begged being evaluated over and over again as you pulled out licorice, mud, hints of spices like you’d use in a meat rub. Once in the mouth, wow, luscious candied cherries, a hint of leather, smoked meats, and by Adrien’s suggestion, but in full agreement would be well balanced tannins and acids. Great. Hard to believe it needs at least 4 more years to start peaking. (459 views)

tsk....

(in reply to Maestro)
Post #: 4
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/27/2008 2:21:32 PM   
Blue Shorts

Here's some of my favorites:

From someone with obvious confidence issues:

2005 Château de Beaucastel Côtes du Rhône Coudoulet de Beaucastel (France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Côtes du Rhône)  
6/19/2008
goofy Yno

reductive nose, I thought this was off, but drank in the beaucastel cave and no one else spoke up, so I was probably wrong

About a 2003 Columbia Crest Cab:

The fruit tastes a bit rotten and the oak is not all that tasty

From someone that likes that taste of rubber bands:

More fizz than I expected. And an unusual nose, faint hints of lanolin and Fuji apple and something strange and pleasant that I could only describe as caramelized rubber bands.

and some quotable quotes:
A putrid mess

foul

horrible

Good god it was awful.

worst wine I have ever had. first wine bottle that was not spoiled that I could not finish

About a 2000 Seth Ryan Cab:

I cannot in anyway give this a rating but for posting purposes it makes me give a minimum of 50. I'm not even sure this qualifies as a wine. What it tastes like is someone put some sour cherry juice in a bottle, added about a cup of talcum powder and shook it up.

2005 Esser Cellars Cab:
Smelled of cheese and must (but we weren't positive that it was corked, we don't think it was). Tasted cheesy, some must, dark fruit, really overpowering. We decanted for an hour and it go so much worse.

1982 Inglenook Cab (poorly stored):
Whatever wine was there, has devolved into an amorphous chemically odious liquid. Janet said it tasted of neoprene.

2000 Dunnewood Cab:
Yech...needed be drunk years ago. Tastes like old meat.

2006 Torres Cab:
Dr. Seuss said it best,"stink, stank, stunk". Barnyard smell would be an upgrade to the foul fecal smell of this wine. Decanted for two hours and turned to a green vegetal disaster. the worst wine I have tried this year!

1999 Plumpjack Cab:
HORRIBLE...smelled and tasted like manure.

1983 Stag's Leap Cab:
yuck, undrinkable. did they age this wine in a toilet bowl?

1983 Belvedere Cab:
Stinky, merde aka **** in a bottle.

1998 Summerfield Cab:
without a doubt, the worst wine i have ever tasted. in fact, i challenged that it wasn't actually a wine, but rather a bottle of soy sauce tossed into the tasting as a ringer. shockingly vile is too generous a descriptor for this...thing. i give it one point for the winemaker's chutzpa to even bottle it. this is what i imagine monkey blood infected with ebola tastes like after it has been filtered through a loincloth taken from an HIV afflicted leper with a prolapsed rectum. decanted.

2005 Cameron Hughs Cab:
Opened a day ago, poured a small glass then, am re-visiting this wine on day 2. Nice, dark magenta color, not totally clear, a bit foggy. Pretty big bouquet, vegetal and green. I keep searching for another descriptor, maybe licorice but I think I burned my nose hairs off trying so don't quote me on that. Without tasting this yet all I know is this is a stinky wine. Surprisingly there is some fruit flavors reminiscent of a C.S., some tart cassis that is nice, medium dry but the finish is like furniture laquer. Ugh. Some kind of green, toxic monster from the bottom of the de-stemmer. There is some red berry on the front but the consequences of ingesting this potion is frightening. I am actually covering my mouth with my hand to try and fend off this beast. I can't get over how this wine has deficated in my mouth. It's as if I turned over my push lawn mower and grazed on the green junk stuck to the bottom there. My tongue is dry and abused and now I am continually opening my mouth and airing my tongue out in a vain attempt to rid myself of this sludge. Kind of like a camel chewing cud, I gotta get a cure. Quick

1985 Inglenook Cab:
Pirate boot (salt water, leather, wood) and red fruit

2003 Red Oak Cab:
Pure unadulterated crap. Vomit. A $25 bottle that cost $23.99 too much. Don't waste the wear and tear on your corkscrew.

2005 Twenty Rows Cab:
This gets 60 for the nice vineyard picture on the label. The juice is terrible. Go find an oak tree, spray some raid on it, take some Welches grape juice, heat it on high heat, slap it on the tree and then lick the tree. This tastes like Raid-laced oak, with a hint of fruit. Disgusting.

Post #: 5
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/27/2008 2:44:36 PM   
fingers

We need whomever this is to get in the forums!

quote:

1998 Summerfield Cab:
without a doubt, the worst wine i have ever tasted. in fact, i challenged that it wasn't actually a wine, but rather a bottle of soy sauce tossed into the tasting as a ringer. shockingly vile is too generous a descriptor for this...thing. i give it one point for the winemaker's chutzpa to even bottle it. this is what i imagine monkey blood infected with ebola tastes like after it has been filtered through a loincloth taken from an HIV afflicted leper with a prolapsed rectum. decanted.

We also might want to keep these example's authors anonymous.  Goofy is one of my fav's and we know not of any confidence issue

(in reply to Blue Shorts)
Post #: 6
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/27/2008 3:31:49 PM   
Serge Birbrair

Eric, c'mon, send all CT users invitation to join our friendly forum.
I promise to behave...'til they get comfy!
;)

tsk....

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 7
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/27/2008 5:46:07 PM   
Paul S

I like this particular fella who shall remain anonymous - I don't always know what he means, but he sure does drink a lot of good wine on a consistent basis, and he feels them deeply:

On Jossmeyer's Flor de Lotus 2005:

The blend of Alsace grape. The combination is wonderful. Every single element is beautiful.

Fresh, flowers seems easy but totally enjoyment. If you see this wine, buy it atleast 6 bottles.

I must go back and take it all.

Drink now ( opened 45 mins )....please drink it now......98-100/100 by its own.......

ps. She's pure, she's lovely and she's seventeen.

1970 Petrus

If you look at the label seriously, the old man, the powerful colour, the details. That's it !!!

Cool, fresh, clean, deep, layers, the dramatic nose of Petrus. The fruit scent underneath is waiting to show up with the ultimate dense. After 2 hours, sweet fruits come along with mineral, layers of terroir reminds me of La Tache

Full-bodied in elegant style, the killer texture, beautiful structure but too much...too good I mean. Spicy like Romanee Conti.

Aftertaste is going down, deeps into my heart then spreads out as same as Conti 1992.

Drink now - 2022...............98-99/100...............

I said to myself...I prefer the normal vintage of Petrus than the better one...but between 1982 and 1970 at its best...1982 is more nice to me....

Or maybe too many great red wines today...Margaux 1982, Margaux 1990 and Haut-Brion 1986....I surrender.... (84 views)

1978 Jaboulet Hermitage La Chapelle

24 hours opened, one-third left...Oh ! my God...

I never think that Hermitage will be as clean and deep like this...like Petrus...

The nose of Lafite, Latour and great Syrah intermixed with mineral, fruits and flowers...

The body, the structure, the texture will take you to another world and....

The Finished will lead you back....I driving back home...15 mins long...the finished still....

It reminds me of Latour 1961...The aftertaste goes deep down very very slow...like nothing moves but when you can feel it...

...it's already there...there in your heart....alone but never alone : Larry Clarton....

...Drink now - 2020...or more.....I rated it...more than 100/100....The Legend !!! (139 views)

1982 Margaux

Along with Petrus 1970, Margaux 1990 and Haut-Brion 1986.

Margaux 1982 is my WOTN. If you follow my testing notes, you will know that I never like Chateau Margaux.

But tonight, I feel all the elements get together so great. Aroma...bouquet...fruits ( that's elegant...very beautiful )

Well-round and balance, great texture, getting fine...Oh ! my gosh...

Abandon aftertaste...feelin' so ...walking in the park...sitting besides...

Losing my mind....Pet Shop Boy....

Drink now - 2019 (355 views)

(in reply to Serge Birbrair)
Post #: 8
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/27/2008 5:53:47 PM   
J2K

Paul S,
You have to reveal the author! Who is it..............Jim Morrison??/
I want to read his other notes. 

(in reply to Paul S)
Post #: 9
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/27/2008 5:56:38 PM   
Paul S

Sent you a PM with his secret identity!

(in reply to J2K)
Post #: 10
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/27/2008 8:05:34 PM   
bschwindtcoffee

This is the funniest string of posts I've ever read!   Thanks to all for cherry-picking these to share.  If anyone has anymore, please keep them comming.

b

(in reply to Paul S)
Post #: 11
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/28/2008 7:38:16 AM   
rbazinet

If you ever wondered how to use the word “bummer”, this is it.

2000 Pétrus
flawed bottle:
Wicked corked. Bummer.

(in reply to bschwindtcoffee)
Post #: 12
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/28/2008 10:36:16 AM   
Eric

ouch!

Serge, those Mouton notes are something I will clean up. The author posts a series of these each year, and I help him reformat these into tasting events. It's been in my inbox to take care of for a few weeks. Will get to it soon.

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker

(in reply to rbazinet)
Post #: 13
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/28/2008 11:22:17 AM   
deb293

How about this one, in response to the Nec Otium 2006:

It would have been cheaper to buy rubbing alcohol and mix it with water and add some Splenda. I do not know how people could rate this 90pts but for me this is bad wine. As a lot of people have mentioned already, its tastes exactly like rubbing alcohol and is totally off balance.

Post #: 14
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/28/2008 7:30:44 PM   
Paul S

Ooh ouch. I happen to know a couple of wine makers, including some French guys, who peek at CT ratings of their own wines every now and then. The last TN you highlighted would be some painfully honest feedback.

(in reply to deb293)
Post #: 15
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/28/2008 8:05:25 PM   
Serge Birbrair

I won't tell the wine, care to guess the score given?

Tasted by XXXXX  on 4/6/2008 & rated XX points: Smells like a dusty cellar, moldy, and a bit like chemicals. Faint aroma of cherries and unripe strawberries, tastes and smells very bright and clean. Almost carbonated, fresh sizzling cherry. Sooo good. mild oak. Very Pinot, both delicate and powerful.

The first who comes within 2 points of the given score gets the bragging rights!
:)

tsk....

(in reply to Paul S)
Post #: 16
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/29/2008 3:49:20 AM   
Colonel Lawrence

Post #: 17
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/29/2008 4:57:03 AM   
nwinther

One million

What I lack in size I make up for in obnoxiousness.

Post #: 18
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/29/2008 5:21:22 AM   
Serge Birbrair

quote:

ORIGINAL: Colonel Lawrence

We have a winner!!!
http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=182096

The actual score was 92!!!!! which is what "Smells like a dusty cellar, moldy, and a bit like chemicals" is worth nowadays. I wonder, how many points my old socks would be worth after the game? 94? 95?
;)

tsk....

Post #: 19
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/29/2008 5:49:49 AM   
Serge Birbrair

2006 Amisfield Pinot Noir (New Zealand, South Island, Otago, Central Otago)  

Tasted by XXXX  on 6/28/2008 & rated 89 points: 30 min. decant from twist-top crack to pour; very light color, almost magenta on the twirl; there a smoky (~ steaming bacon grease) bouquet on this wine; also obvious sweet cherry with background micro-strawberries popping on and off the scene; there's also the toasted marshmallow carmalization effect I get on most pinots, except those I tend not to like much; a touch of pepper and oak. Medium bodied and slight on the attack, this coats the palate nicely if you let it. Peppery on entry with middle of the road cherry flavors that lead through to the smoky finish, which hints some greeniness beside the nicely integrated tannins. Improved significantly after another hour in the decanter, showing added smokiness and complexities on the palate. Good acidity. Might score this better if the fruit were more pure.

i think the author packed more into this bottle than the bottle can absorb. I call them "..and a kitchen sink" notes.
Highlight:
this coats the palate nicely if you let it.

How the hell can you "not let it"???? By putting condom on the tongue!?

tsk....

Post #: 20
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/29/2008 6:33:01 AM   
pault

Ha Ha,  this thread solidifies the fact that I should not  make TN for public consumption.

Post #: 21
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/29/2008 6:36:17 AM   
Paul S

Hey - you should! For two reasons -

1. Your notes will really help others get a feel of the wines you drink and contribute to public knowledge - the more notes, the more effective the site becomes; and 
2. The people quoted on this thread are like mini-celebrities aren't they?

(in reply to pault)
Post #: 22
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/29/2008 6:59:49 AM   
deb293

In all fairness, some wines can be pretty barn-yardy and still taste great (CdP any one?)

For instance, this is one from our venerable Eric:

AP#13. Nasty green mold on top of the cork. Opened up to a somewhat reticent nose (for Kirscheck), a little mineral and sulphur stink. The palate though was everything one could want. Lemonade with cherries and strawberry, such a gorgeous interplay of red fruit with citrus that this vineyard seems to produce. As with all the 2004 Dönnhoff, this shows fantastic energy and poise, really a wonderfully vibrant wine without being the least bit heavy. Finishes out with a nice dose of salty minerality. Lovely wine. Not quite the explosion that the 2006 offers at this point but only likely due to lack of decanting or bottle age. (91 points)

Or for the '99 Pegau Cuvee reserve:
Mmm, hello Mr. Ed, hugely schtinky, bloody, meaty wine. Savage, raw, young and delicious. Most of the people I was drinking this with struggled, but more for me I guess.

So it's entirely possible your socks might be worth something after all.

Post #: 23
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/29/2008 7:34:02 AM   
Serge Birbrair

Deb, baryardy is fine, I love a small brett in my wine, but we are not talking barnyard here.
(hey, my wife was raised on the farm, we visit her folks in oregon every year, I know how barnyard smells)

Smells like a dusty cellar, moldy, and a bit like chemicals.

Is NOT barnyard but rather
"abandoned house" , "attick", or sum of it all...MORGUE!!!!!

I've been to morgues and this si exactly how morgues smell.

tsk....

(in reply to deb293)
Post #: 24
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/29/2008 8:03:38 AM   
deb293

Actually, that description sounds more like "corked."  But now that you mention it, morgue seems pretty apt, and takes far fewers words to get the point across.  My point primarily was however, that smell does not always = taste.

< Message edited by deb293 -- 6/29/2008 2:34:50 PM >

Post #: 25
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/29/2008 8:36:55 AM   
Serge Birbrair

deb, my both parents were medical doctors* and quite often the discussion at the dinner table went down the memory lane when they were students and were having lunch breaks at those morbid institutions. I have zero squimishness.

* - in USSR being a doctor meant salaries less than blue color worker.

tsk....

(in reply to deb293)
Post #: 26
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/29/2008 9:20:20 AM   
deb293

Ditto for architects.

Post #: 27
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/29/2008 10:23:46 AM   
Colonel Lawrence

http://recentlyconsumed.com/

Tasted by xxxxx on 3/7/2007: just enough oak, good effort (not rated)
(no prize for guessing the author)

Tasted by 123 on 10/19/2007 & rated 86 points

three different bottles at one tasting?

(in reply to deb293)
Post #: 28
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/29/2008 10:46:42 AM   
Serge Birbrair

8/26/2007
XXXXX

Deep purplish colour, almost 'thick'. Truly outstanding bouquet with a promise of fruit, oak and power.
Sadly the taste didn't live up to the priors: rather closed and less fruit than anticipated.
Great mouthful though, with long, long finish; smooth, cedary, very satisfying; drinking well now, but hope for better in the future. (4133 views)

Can anybody tell me what is "almost 'thick' colour"? I used to be a sign maker, I used to work with colors and..I have no idea what this means.

What exactly is "bouquet with a promise of fruit, oak and power"? Can anybody explain what does this mean in laymen terms? Lord Byron terms will work too....

Taste didn't live up to the priors (promise of fruit and oak which isn't there) and still 94 points...if everything anticipated WERE there, would this wine score 111 points?

(no prize for guessing the author)  :)

tsk....

Post #: 29
RE: Tasting Notes To Note - 6/29/2008 11:20:29 AM   
Colonel Lawrence

quote:

ORIGINAL: Serge Birbrair
8/26/2007
XXXXX
Deep purplish colour, almost 'thick'. Truly outstanding bouquet with a promise of fruit, oak and power.
Sadly the taste didn't live up to the priors: rather closed and less fruit than anticipated.
Great mouthful though, with long, long finish; smooth, cedary, very satisfying; drinking well now, but hope for better in the future. (4133 views)
Can anybody tell me what is "almost 'thick' colour"? I used to be a sign maker, I used to work with colors and..I have no idea what this means.
What exactly is "bouquet with a promise of fruit, oak and power"? Can anybody explain what does this mean in laymen terms? Lord Byron terms will work too....
Taste didn't live up to the priors (promise of fruit and oak which isn't there) and still 94 points...if everything anticipated WERE there, would this wine score 111 points?
(no prize for guessing the author)  :)

Always glad to help with English.
"thick" = not thin; having or suggesting a heavy or viscous consistency, impenetrable by the eyes
it is shorthand, as are most TN's and complements the colour comment, does not modify it.
Bouquet .... fruit, oak, etc. means exactly what it says.  I guess you're confused by "power"?  take it as alcohol, although I confess that isn't exactly right either.
A wine can't score more than 100 points.
Hope that helped.
L.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Tasting Notes To Note Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI