CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Active Users

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Active Users Page: <<   < prev  1598 1599 1600 1601 [1602]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Active Users - 4/4/2024 9:05:55 AM   
WineGuyCO

quote:

ORIGINAL: wineismylife

quote:

ORIGINAL: WineGuyCO
Maybe a good traveling year this year. We have a Florida trip end of this month. Curaçao dive trip early May for 10 days and just booked a 17 day trip to Japan in September.

What a coincidence. I'll be in Japan October 29th through November 12th. Going with two of my buddies. Guys only trip.

Great time to go there. Should be able to see some fall colors. Where you going? This is our first time there so starting out doing some of what my friend calls “the banana head tour”. Tokyo, Kyoto with day trips to Nara & Osaka for 9 days. After that the next week unplanned but I want to head to Giso Valley & do some of the Nakasendo Trail. Kanazawa & Takayama are on the list and also Shirakawa-go. Probably see some of Masamoto & Nagano. Have fun!!

Scott…Will for sure report back. If we like it as much as I think we will we might go back again in April/May and try to see the Cherry Blossoms. I already know the food is going to be amazing. Looking forward to eating lots of sushi, A5 Wagyu, Seared Tuna Cheek etc. Mouth watering already.

La felicità, come un vino pregiato, dev’essere assaporata sorso a sorso.

(in reply to wineismylife)
Post #: 48031
RE: Active Users - 4/4/2024 10:01:20 AM   
wineismylife

quote:

Great time to go there. Should be able to see some fall colors. Where you going? This is our first time there so starting out doing some of what my friend calls “the banana head tour”. Tokyo, Kyoto with day trips to Nara & Osaka for 9 days. After that the next week unplanned but I want to head to Giso Valley & do some of the Nakasendo Trail. Kanazawa & Takayama are on the list and also Shirakawa-go. Probably see some of Masamoto & Nagano. Have fun!!

Scott…Will for sure report back. If we like it as much as I think we will we might go back again in April/May and try to see the Cherry Blossoms. I already know the food is going to be amazing. Looking forward to eating lots of sushi, A5 Wagyu, Seared Tuna Cheek etc. Mouth watering already.

Right now the plan is to stay in Osaka 5 nights then Kyoto for 3 nights and wrapping up with 5 nights in Tokyo. While in each place we'll take day trips to places like Hiroshima, Nara, Mt Fuji, etc...

Joe

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ http://www.wineismylife.net/

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 48032
RE: Active Users - 4/4/2024 11:33:43 AM   
WineGuyCO

quote:

ORIGINAL: wineismylife

quote:

Right now the plan is to stay in Osaka 5 nights then Kyoto for 3 nights and wrapping up with 5 nights in Tokyo. While in each place we'll take day trips to places like Hiroshima, Nara, Mt Fuji, etc...

Pretty similar trip then. We are staying in Shinjuku in Tokyo. Shinjuku Station is busiest in the World so gonna be crazy but we wanted to stay in the action. We actually have 9 floating days we haven’t decided.

Osaka is an insane foodie place so maybe we’ll spend more time there. Sakai City (Osaka) is where all of the great Japanese kitchen knives (and Japanese Katana) come from and I want to add another one to my collection. I’m looking for a 10”-11” Sujihiki slicing knife with a cool handle. Japanese knives might be a good off topic thread on CT asIm sure many of us wine geeks also cook and use them. I’ve been looking at some Takeshi Saji knives but they are pricey. Have a great trip.

La felicità, come un vino pregiato, dev’essere assaporata sorso a sorso.

Post #: 48033
RE: Active Users - 4/4/2024 3:01:24 PM   
wineismylife

quote:

Shinjuku

We're staying about 3km away in Kioicho. Staying at The Prince Gallery. In Osaka and Kyoto we're staying at The Westin.

Joe

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ http://www.wineismylife.net/

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 48034
RE: Active Users - 4/8/2024 4:50:07 AM   
musedir

Monday, Monday. Back in da Ville after a nice visit with Mtpisgah and Dr. C. Very good wines were drunk!

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

Post #: 48035
RE: Active Users - 4/8/2024 7:17:41 PM   
khmark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: musedir

Monday, Monday. Back in da Ville after a nice visit with Mtpisgah and Dr. C. Very good wines were drunk!

I bet!!

Celebrated a late Easter yesterday with family and opened a very pleasant Michigan Riesling from Bel Lago Winery.

Eclipse day in Chicago was beautiful sunshine and upper 60s....

"a rogue Provence rouge of unknown provenance." author grafstrb

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 48036
RE: Active Users - 4/9/2024 10:46:34 AM   
khmark7

OK this morning was a 1st for me. Vacuuming around my basement i noticed some ants around my Bordeaux boxes, which would be very unusual....i never see ants in my basement but it's spring and they seem to come inside during the rains so I guess anything is possible. Turns out I had two of those Sauternes half sized boxes full of ants....FULL of ants. I took the boxes outside and dumped out the billions of ants, and checked to make sure the bottles were not leaking, but these ants had good taste.

(in reply to khmark7)
Post #: 48037
RE: Active Users - 4/15/2024 3:26:02 AM   
khmark7

Monday - Patriots Day - Boston Marathon

Everyone has to run 26.2 miles today.

(in reply to khmark7)
Post #: 48038
RE: Active Users - 4/15/2024 4:48:33 AM   
musedir

Monday,Monday…sunny day in da Ville with a haircut and a visit the urologist scheduled. Need I say more?

< Message edited by musedir -- 4/15/2024 5:30:02 AM >

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to khmark7)
Post #: 48039
RE: Active Users - 4/15/2024 8:53:32 AM   
Ibetian

quote:

ORIGINAL: musedir

Monday,Monday…sunny day in da Ville with a haircut and a visit the urologist scheduled. Need I say more?

As we say in Mass, sounds like a wicked pissa day.

“I was a glutton at the banquet and spilt the finest wine,” Mick Jagger, Wandering Spirit

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 48040
Page:   <<   < prev  1598 1599 1600 1601 [1602]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Active Users Page: <<   < prev  1598 1599 1600 1601 [1602]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI