CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: decanter!!!???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: decanter!!!??? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: decanter!!!??? - 1/4/2009 7:56:11 PM   
grafstrb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uncle Noon

Hair dryer?

yeah ... it worked, but I don't think the benefits outweigh the possible detriments ... so don't do it.

Terroir is not a flavor.

(in reply to Uncle Noon)
Post #: 31
RE: decanter!!!??? - 1/5/2009 3:49:36 AM   
annerk

quote:

Don't go and buy a package of those little BB things at a wine shop; buy real BBs at Wal-Mart.  They work the same and are a LOT cheaper.

Are the Wal-Mart BB's stainless?  I always thought they were a composite and had a very light oil coating to keep them from rusting.  Although my last encounter with BB's was probably about 35 years ago, so things might have changed and memories could certainly be wrong..

https://www.instagram.com/whattheducktravel

(in reply to Uncle Noon)
Post #: 32
RE: decanter!!!??? - 1/5/2009 7:40:26 AM   
fingers

quote:

Don't go and buy a package of those little BB things at a wine shop; buy real BBs at Wal-Mart.  They work the same and are a LOT cheaper.

How much cheaper than $6 for lifetime use do you need to go? And that is the point: they are not "real" or regular BB's.  As Ann indicates, they are made for the purpose of cleaning glass.  I don't know what will happen if you use regular BB's.

< Message edited by fingers -- 1/5/2009 7:42:16 AM >

(in reply to Uncle Noon)
Post #: 33
RE: decanter!!!??? - 1/5/2009 7:50:24 AM   
ikkaariainen

This is the reason I've gotten into the forum, wine vibrators and everything. Niklas, good job on your decanter, I don't think Riedel has anything on you

Finnish by birth, Southern by the grace of God...

(in reply to NiklasW)
Post #: 34
RE: decanter!!!??? - 1/7/2009 12:54:31 PM   
Uncle Noon

Come on people, get real.  The "decanter cleaning beads" I have seen cost more than $6, more like $13 (in IWC).  I'm sure they work fine and I have no arguement with the price or with IWC.I have no problem spending top dollar to get the best wines(Bordeaux), crystal(Riedel), and other accoutrements for my wine.  I just happened to have had some store bought bbs on hand when I wanted to clean sediment out of a wine bottle.  I make my own wine and therefore recycle a lot of bottles.  I pour the bbs into the bottle with a little bit of water, slosh it around and presto, the sediment is gone.  I dry the bbs by setting them on an old towel for a while and then back into the container.  I have been using the same package of bbs for more than three years with no rust problems.

non corber indum illeitimie

(in reply to ikkaariainen)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: decanter!!!??? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI