CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page after the holidays?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page after the holidays? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page aft... - 1/3/2017 10:57:05 AM   
nyccablover

I loved logging on today and seeing 25+ notes from others on my wines in my home panel. Lots of holiday tasting going on around the world! The good news is that pretty much everyone posting enjoyed the wines we have in common. Do any of you other CTers get a rush when there are lots of new notes on your wines? Kind of like x-mas morning when I was a kid.
Post #: 1
RE: Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page... - 1/3/2017 11:09:58 AM   
MaineMark

I am definitely with you there. I love checking CT after the holidays (or, really, any other big "wine" holiday--Valentine's Day comes to mine). Always great to see the reviews on what are usually some of the better wines in my collection.

(in reply to nyccablover)
Post #: 2
RE: Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page... - 1/3/2017 7:31:17 PM   
dontime

Yep - actually have to click on the "More" button to see them all.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to MaineMark)
Post #: 3
RE: Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page... - 1/3/2017 9:48:11 PM   
Slye

Definitely -- nice to see what people open to celebrate, and to gauge where some of my wines are.

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 4
RE: Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page... - 1/3/2017 10:00:21 PM   
dsGris

I am always interested in reading other notes on my wines. It's nice to get an opinion on drinking and always rewarding to see I am tasting the same wine.

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 5
RE: Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page... - 1/4/2017 12:15:07 AM   
champagneinhand

quote:

ORIGINAL: dsGris

I am always interested in reading other notes on my wines. It's nice to get an opinion on drinking and always rewarding to see I am tasting the same wine.

+100

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to dsGris)
Post #: 6
RE: Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page... - 1/4/2017 12:27:13 AM   
PinotPhile

It is fun, and useful. Especially as I put gifts into my inventory. Drink windows are great as input to deciding a target year.

And I use tasting notes and scores, before the holidays, to have available a gift list. In case I am asked. Which I was. People appreciate a geek like me narrowing down the field.

Cheers!

Post #: 7
RE: Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page... - 1/4/2017 8:42:24 AM   
BRR

Sadly (or not), this is part of my daily routine. Sometimes there's only one or two new TNs, but I check every day. I love that feature of CT. Doing so on the tails of both Thanksgiving and Christmas is always fun.

Cheers!

(in reply to PinotPhile)
Post #: 8
RE: Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page... - 1/4/2017 9:05:29 AM   
mc2 wines

quote:

ORIGINAL: BRR

Sadly (or not), this is part of my daily routine.

Yep - absolutely. Also try to click the helpful button when people write good notes. Appreciate getting the insight into wine we have without having to open it. Was a TN that got us to pop a 2007 Smith Madrone a few months ago that was just singing.

Friends don't let friends wine alone

(in reply to BRR)
Post #: 9
RE: Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page... - 1/4/2017 9:24:51 AM   
hankj

so much bubbles and Sauternes being slurped up in my feed! Also found it amusing that some comments seems to play off my previous comments, giving a wine I gave 92 points 100 and saying "if this wine is too tannic right now for you you bought the wrong wine." Total BS but entertaining :)

< Message edited by hankj -- 1/4/2017 5:25:51 PM >

There are those who'd call us a bunch of sots but we don't see ourselves like that. We see ourselves as hobbyists. - Kevin Barry

Post #: 10
RE: Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page... - 1/4/2017 9:55:41 AM   
bretrooks

I have it set up so notes on my wines show up in my RSS feed reader, which I tend to check a few times a day. I don't follow all that many feeds, and a handful of those slow down over the holidays, so I get a fairly steady stream of notes - a fun reminder of people celebrating all over.

WSET L3 in Wines
My Cellar

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 11
RE: Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page... - 1/4/2017 2:45:33 PM   
nyccablover

I look everyday too, and often there is not much action - maybe 2 notes sometime none. Was away for the holidays week though and didn't find time to logon - so got the motherload on Jan 3rd. It also seemed like everyone was really enjoying the wines they opened over the holiday season, mostly really positive notes. I chalk this up to better wines being opened and good spirits all around!

(in reply to bretrooks)
Post #: 12
RE: Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page... - 1/4/2017 4:55:28 PM   
Slye

quote:

ORIGINAL: mc2 wines

quote:

ORIGINAL: BRR

Sadly (or not), this is part of my daily routine.

Yep - absolutely. Also try to click the helpful button when people write good notes. Appreciate getting the insight into wine we have without having to open it. Was a TN that got us to pop a 2007 Smith Madrone a few months ago that was just singing.

Agree (also sadly, BRR....) with both above.

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Anybody else get excited to read their CT home page after the holidays? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI