CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Impromptu offline - The Wine Goat visits PDX - Monday January 9, 2017

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Impromptu offline - The Wine Goat visits PDX - Monday January 9, 2017 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Impromptu offline - The Wine Goat visits PDX - Monday J... - 1/4/2017 1:54:08 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

Due to an awesome sale on Maison Bleue Metis, and the fact that I have a business meeting in Portland next week, I am muling some wine over the mountain and hosting a mini-offline at the Doubletree Lloyd Center in bar area.

I have no idea if they have a corkage policy, but I will ask when I get there and if they object, we'll go somewhere else to open a few barrel samples and/or other wines.

My time is flexible but 8:00 seems to work if that's not too late for folks.

The football game is that evening, and my money is on the team from the South.

Any PDXers, or others willing to fly in are welcome to join me dsGris, and ob2s.

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173
Post #: 1
RE: Impromptu offline - The Wine Goat visits PDX - Mond... - 1/6/2017 8:45:29 PM   
schwank

I will try to make it and will bring something interesting. That's after baby's bedtime so both of us won't be able to come. I saw your MB deal but alas probably too late to get in on it - that's a nice bottling.

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 2
RE: Impromptu offline - The Wine Goat visits PDX - Mond... - 1/6/2017 10:59:29 PM   
Hollowine

Sorry can't make it, supposed to be heading to Saskatchewan on Sunday, doubt that will happen, so will try to get out on Monday

Have fun with the local crew. Drive safe in the Gorge Chris

(in reply to schwank)
Post #: 3
RE: Impromptu offline - The Wine Goat visits PDX - Mond... - 1/7/2017 12:17:10 AM   
dsGris

I got a reply from Beau that he will be there. I will reach out to Chas and see if he wants to ride his Ducati over. A good excuse for a ride. Maybe he and Dan could do a Wine is Serious Business episode with some Goat Rocks.

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 4
RE: Impromptu offline - The Wine Goat visits PDX - Mond... - 1/7/2017 3:14:10 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

Snowing like hell today in Cowiche, and more I'm sure on the passes, but the show, and the wine drinking must go on! I'm riding with a co-worker who lives in Ellensburg, so we'll decide tomorrow morning whether to go 97/I-84 or I-90/I-5. We might even try to go over White Pass since that's closest to the (original) Goat Rocks.

Post #: 5
RE: Impromptu offline - The Wine Goat visits PDX - Mond... - 1/7/2017 5:08:44 PM   
dsGris

Hi Chris, Chas has to work Monday, Dan along with Beau and Schwank are planning to join in. Hoping Monday is just a rain day though Sunday may suck.

< Message edited by dsGris -- 1/7/2017 5:14:17 PM >

DennisG
Granpa Wino

Post #: 6
RE: Impromptu offline - The Wine Goat visits PDX - Mond... - 1/10/2017 8:57:58 AM   
schwank

Good to hang out last night, thanks for setting this up and for bringing the MB. Enjoyed tasting your barrel samples as well Chris!

Post #: 7
RE: Impromptu offline - The Wine Goat visits PDX - Mond... - 1/10/2017 11:19:52 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

Thanks Eric, good to see you and the rest of the PDX crew last night. Short but a good time and some very interesting and GOOD! white wines.

Post #: 8
RE: Impromptu offline - The Wine Goat visits PDX - Mond... - 1/11/2017 12:28:42 AM   
dsGris

I had a great time chatting and tasting, we need to get Alberty to one of these. I like when they are close to home for an old guy.

DennisG
Granpa Wino

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Impromptu offline - The Wine Goat visits PDX - Monday January 9, 2017 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI