CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

NYS Finger Lakes. A guide for the curious.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> NYS Finger Lakes. A guide for the curious. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NYS Finger Lakes. A guide for the curious. - 3/19/2017 2:04:55 PM   
champagneinhand

Many people often want to know more about the NYS Finger Lakes and some ins and outs.

I thought I would provide a link to a simple interactive that a guy in my monthly wine group sells on Amazon. You can scroll through the intro and such. You could also take it with a grain of salt but for $3, it's not bad. Clearly the link system didn't work but you can find it on Amazonas easy enough.

http://www.amazon.com/Interactive-Guide-Finger-lakes-ebook/dp/B008IXFMU4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342815680&sr=8-1&keywords=The+iNTERACTive+guide+to+the+finger+lakes

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.
Post #: 1
RE: NYS Finger Lakes. A guide for the curious. - 3/19/2017 2:07:55 PM   
champagneinhand

FYI I have not bought ior read this so I can't exactly vouch for it but at least it's a good start if you plan on visiting or driving by the area and are curious that it wanting to try to look for some NYS FL Wines. He didn't include anything about the Niagara Peninsuña in Ontario but there are bits on the Niagara Region and the Lake Ontario Wine trail.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 2
RE: NYS Finger Lakes. A guide for the curious. - 3/19/2017 4:51:28 PM   
BornToRhone

Shared a 2008 Hermann Weimer Late Harvest last night among friends. Nice riesling - a little more acidity would have improved it. Still, great QPR and enjoyable drink!

-- The answer may not lie at the bottom of a bottle of wine, but you should at least check. --

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 3
RE: NYS Finger Lakes. A guide for the curious. - 3/19/2017 6:01:45 PM   
Smaragd

Wiemer is a great place to visit on any Finger Lakes visit, which I'd highly recommend.

Especially because Wiemer has a few cuvees not for sale in stores including good dessert wines. The Sauvignon desert wine was truly funky but excellent.

(in reply to BornToRhone)
Post #: 4
RE: NYS Finger Lakes. A guide for the curious. - 3/19/2017 8:06:12 PM   
champagneinhand

I have had a TBA styled Reudling that was just out of this world great from Fred. who owns and runs Weiner with his wife. Fred or his wife also carry Library wines and will send somebody if you have a description of what you are looking for.

BTW Wemer uses almost no wine sulfur so his wines are meant to be consumer immediately to 4/5 years. Even in the bigger dessert wines. Usually he specializes in more good friendly wines and while the single vineyard can get a bit pricey hbe Magdelena vineyard is very nice.

Great people.

(in reply to Smaragd)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> NYS Finger Lakes. A guide for the curious. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI