CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/11/2017 11:52:50 AM   
CranBurgundy

Alrighty then - that took me 4 guesses. Who's gonna do worse and take the title? I think I'm leader in the clubhouse to this point unless Mark has more incorrect attempts now.

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

Vote NO on Proposition S1ct1516 "BAN the CRAN!" this Election Day.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to CranBurgundy)
Post #: 151
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/11/2017 12:18:53 PM   
jrockman

quote:

ORIGINAL: mc2 wines

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinSunnyside

Your guess of Rossidio is NOT correct, mc2.

OK, here goes one last shot in the dark........jrockman, are you our SS (again)???

Why yes, mc2 wines, I am indeed your Santa!

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 152
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/11/2017 12:36:09 PM   
mc2 wines

quote:

ORIGINAL: jrockman

quote:

quote:

OK, here goes one last shot in the dark........jrockman, are you our SS (again)???

Nefarious misdirection was afoot! Our SS claimed no knowledge of us.

HOWEVER - he also did an AMAZING job at picking the wine so I suppose all can be forgiven. THANK YOU!

Friends don't let friends wine alone

(in reply to jrockman)
Post #: 153
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/11/2017 12:37:38 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

Sleuthing update for the new page.

Remaining sleuthers:

Hollowine
mclancy10006
Rossidio
mwest
mgriffith

Unfound Santas:

Hollowine
mclancy10006
mqvn
Rossidio
mwest

Remarkably fast matching this year. We usually don't get this far until day 5 or 6 after the reveal.

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 154
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/11/2017 12:52:51 PM   
ern1

quote:

ORIGINAL: CranBurgundy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ern1

quote:

Hopefully, I'm going to leave Mike & Chelsea with the title of worst guessers for 2017.

ern1 - Chris, are you my CT SS?

Cran I am your SS. I saw your post referencing the gift was from the Kellers and have no idea what that is all about. I did request a note with the bottle that should have been more helpful but apparently it was not included. That's okay All that guessing kept you busy . I know next to nothing about German Riesling, but it seemed apparent that the varietal is a favorite of you and your wife. I hope this bottle is enjoyable.
Cheers and Merry Christmas
Chris

Thank you Chris - you hit the nail directly on the head. Nicely done on the vintage also - recently, the odd years have been favored in our house. The next time we go out to dinner, this bottle is coming along (if it survives even that long).

What did your note say?

From memory....I think I alluded to the fact that for someone who has no wines in their (virtual) cellar you sure do leave a lot of nice tasting notes. So after reading in one of your posts that Riesling was not only your favorite but your Wife's too, well, I figured it was a safe bet. I may have also mentioned the giant headache trying to read German labels gave me. Believe I finished with Merry Christmas from the great Midwest.
There is probably someone in America who opened their wine gift and got my note....I'm chuckling now thinking about that. And the poor Kellers are never going to get credit for the bottle they sent someone 😂

Post #: 155
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/11/2017 12:59:49 PM   
CranBurgundy

quote:

Believe I finished with Merry Christmas from the great Midwest.

Man, that would have been a nice hint. Although with the games being played on me by these guys, I might have suspected it was more misdirection.

quote:

There is probably someone in America who opened their wine gift and got my note....I'm chuckling now thinking about that. And the poor Kellers are never going to get credit for the bottle they sent someone 😂

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to ern1)
Post #: 156
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/11/2017 1:02:52 PM   
champagneinhand

Great wines guys. It’s nice to see you all keeping up a rich forum tradition. Happiest of holidays.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

Post #: 157
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/11/2017 1:12:43 PM   
jrockman

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jrockman

quote:

quote:

Nefarious misdirection was afoot! Our SS claimed no knowledge of us.

HOWEVER - he also did an AMAZING job at picking the wine so I suppose all can be forgiven. THANK YOU!

Ah, yes, there was a bit of subterfuge involved, Mike & Chelsea. When you had indicated you had your first guess all set to go prior to the reveal, I feared I was the likely choice, what with all the Rotie I have showing in my cellar, so I needed to throw you off the scent. It was just a little fib, indicating confusion as to whether you were one or two - of course, I knew better, having spent an afternoon wine tasting with you in Woodinville. It worked better than I could have ever imagined!

You hadn't asked for a clue yet; I thought I would give you one more guess and then I was going to offer up that we had previously met.

Everything else I wrote in my missive was accurate - well, except for asking if you had ever been to Washington, that was another bit to throw you off; I had no clue as to what I was going to pick out for you until the reference to mourvedre and Hommage. You made it easy from there, especially as you appear to enjoy Rotie's wines; I really wanted to gift a bottle of the "dre", but they were all out, so had to go with the Homage. I trust you will enjoy it.

Cheers & best wishes to you both! May we meet up again sometime, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Jeff

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 158
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/11/2017 1:12:53 PM   
Slye

quote:

ORIGINAL: crispino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slye
ok, how about crispino. Are you my SS?

WE HAVE A WINNAH!

I thought I was going to out myself when I (intentionally) used "sez" back in Post #80 - but I guess it was too close to Tom's post to really stand out.

Anyway yes, I'm your Santa! When I read your notes about wanting to try something from Rhone to compare to some of your wines, the scientist in me nodded sagely in approval. So I decided to go hunting and that's what I came up with. I hope you like it! Enjoy and Happy Holidays.

- Chris

Thanks so much Chris! I am looking forward to trying it. I might pair it with a Cayuse or two from the same vintage to get a sense of the stylistic/terroir differences.

Thank you again for a wonderful gift, and have a joyous and peaceful holiday season!

(in reply to crispino)
Post #: 159
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/11/2017 2:15:58 PM   
Hollowine

OK, I'll swing again...MQVN, are you my Santa?

< Message edited by Hollowine -- 12/11/2017 2:44:13 PM >

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 160
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/11/2017 2:53:59 PM   
mclancy10006

Well why wait.

MQVN, are you my Santa?

-Mark

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 161
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/11/2017 3:36:00 PM   
CranBurgundy

Presently (pardon the Christmas pun), There are 3 of us with 4 wrong guesses before finding our CT SS. Don is officially off the hook this year since he only had 3 incorrect guesses before he outed Franklin 10 (with a LOT of help / mercy from his SS in this thread). However, the game isn't over as we have a few members who are still mathematically capable of winning the Boobie Prize.

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

(in reply to mclancy10006)
Post #: 162
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/11/2017 4:03:20 PM   
Hollowine

quote:

ORIGINAL: mclancy10006

Well why wait.

MQVN, are you my Santa?

-Mark

Post #: 163
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/11/2017 10:22:28 PM   
mqvn

quote:

ORIGINAL: mclancy10006

Well why wait.

MQVN, are you my Santa?

-Mark

Sorry, it is not I this year...

Post #: 164
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/11/2017 10:23:57 PM   
mqvn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hollowine

Yes, I am your Secret Santa! I happen to love Produttori, and I buy most of those bottles from Vinopolis (great pricing on lots of their Italians), and seeing you were in Hood River made it an easy shop to go to in order to ship the wine. I hope you enjoy your gift!

< Message edited by mqvn -- 12/11/2017 10:24:47 PM >

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 165
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/12/2017 12:36:18 AM   
quaglia

We Europeans are very envy of your SS US version!!!

(in reply to mqvn)
Post #: 166
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/12/2017 5:13:14 AM   
mgriffith

I am devoid of a clue as to whom my SS is, so I shall merely repeat my gratitude and slink back into the shadows under the rock from whence I slithered.

(in reply to quaglia)
Post #: 167
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/12/2017 6:25:43 AM   
CranBurgundy

quote:

ORIGINAL: mgriffith

I am devoid of a clue as to whom my SS is, so I shall merely repeat my gratitude and slink back into the shadows under the rock from whence I slithered.

You're just trying to NOT make bad guesses. Boo! Get in the mix and make a fool of yourself like the rest of us!

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

(in reply to mgriffith)
Post #: 168
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/12/2017 6:55:05 AM   
mgriffith

quote:

quote:

You're just trying to NOT make bad guesses. Boo! Get in the mix and make a fool of yourself like the rest of us!

Read back in the thread. I have already suffered ignominy sue to a bad guess!

Post #: 169
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/12/2017 7:35:37 AM   
Hollowine

quote:

Malcolm, I am your Secret Santa. I hope you enjoy your gift.

I also have no ability to conjugate verbs.

(in reply to mgriffith)
Post #: 170
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/12/2017 7:41:20 AM   
Hollowine

quote:

ORIGINAL: mqvn

quote:

Yes, I am your Secret Santa! I happen to love Produttori, and I buy most of those bottles from Vinopolis (great pricing on lots of their Italians), and seeing you were in Hood River made it an easy shop to go to in order to ship the wine. I hope you enjoy your gift!

Hi Michael, thanks so much for the gift! I am very inexperienced with Italian wines and love getting to explore Barbaresco. Now the dilemma of letting it age a bit into its crazy drinking window?

Cheers!

(in reply to mqvn)
Post #: 171
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/12/2017 8:35:04 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

We're getting to that stage where the remaining sleuthers are having a hard time seeing the trees for the forest, but we're close enough to the end that a bit of elfing will hopefully push us to the point where we all say "cheers!" and start drinking.

Remaining sleuthers:

mclancy10006
Rossodio
mwest
mgriffith

Unfound Santas:

Hollowine
mclancy10006
Rossodio
mwest

A few clues that have already been mentioned in this thread, that are not red herrings... Rossodio's package came from OREGON.

In this group of four, there are still a matched (or marked) set of Santa/Recipients. Those people are located in Washington and Florida. One of these people uses a UPS Store as a shipping address. When I say set, I mean that if mary sent a wine to matilda, then matilda also sent an (extra big) wine to marky.

< Message edited by ChrisinSunnyside -- 12/12/2017 8:36:47 AM >

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 172
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/12/2017 8:57:52 AM   
mgriffith

quote:

We're getting to that stage where the remaining sleuthers are having a hard time seeing the trees for the forest, but we're close enough to the end that a bit of elfing will hopefully push us to the point where we all say "cheers!" and start drinking.

Remaining sleuthers:

mclancy10006
Rossodio
mwest
mgriffith

Unfound Santas:

Hollowine
mclancy10006
Rossodio
mwest

A few clues that have already been mentioned in this thread, that are not red herrings... Rossodio's package came from OREGON.

In this group of four, there are still a matched (or marked) set of Santa/Recipients. Those people are located in Washington and Florida. One of these people uses a UPS Store as a shipping address. When I say set, I mean that if mary sent a wine to matilda, then matilda also sent an (extra big) wine to marky.

The noise you just heard was a major hint crashing through the floor and the first three sub-basements. Subtlety, thy name ain't Chris.

Ok. I will venture out, blinking in the fierce sunlight once more to risk further mocking.

M(ark) Clancy - are YOU my Santa?

Post #: 173
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/12/2017 9:19:14 AM   
Hollowine

quote:

quote:

Remaining sleuthers:

mclancy10006
Rossodio
mwest
mgriffith

Unfound Santas:

Hollowine
mclancy10006
Rossodio
mwest

The noise you just heard was a major hint crashing through the floor and the first three sub-basements. Subtlety, thy name ain't Chris.

Ok. I will venture out, blinking in the fierce sunlight once more to risk further mocking.

*Face Palm*

(in reply to mgriffith)
Post #: 174
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/12/2017 9:28:48 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

“How did Facebook, which prides itself on being able to process billions of data points and instantly transform them into personal connections for its users, somehow not make the connection that electoral ads paid for in roubles were coming from Russia? Those are two data points! American political ads and Russian money: roubles. How could you not connect those two dots?”

Post #: 175
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/12/2017 9:48:10 AM   
Hollowine

quote:

“How did Facebook, which prides itself on being able to process billions of data points and instantly transform them into personal connections for its users, somehow not make the connection that electoral ads paid for in roubles were coming from Russia? Those are two data points! American political ads and Russian money: roubles. How could you not connect those two dots?”

What kinda motor do you have on that troll-ing platform?

LOL, can't tell if that is a direct quote from my FB feed or just an apt analogy...

Post #: 176
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/12/2017 9:52:24 AM   
Hollowine

quote:

quote:

Malcolm (Economics Teacher): Santa? Santa? Santa?
Simone: Um, he's not mclancy1006. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Santa at 31 Flavors last night. He said he's skipping your house next year.
Malcolm (Economics Teacher): Thank you, Simone.
Simone: No problem whatsoever.

(in reply to mgriffith)
Post #: 177
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/12/2017 9:57:09 AM   
CranBurgundy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Simone: Um, he's not mclancy1006. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Santa at 31 Flavors last night. He said he's skipping your house next year.

It's getting pretty tough coming up with new guesses. If he goes for another, he's probably gonna have to barf up a bottle, so he'd better make this one count.

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 178
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/12/2017 10:37:14 AM   
mgriffith

quote:

quote:

quote:

I am going back under my rock.

What little brain I had has completely shut down.

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 179
RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa - 12/12/2017 11:27:19 AM   
mgriffith

Well, mercy has prevailed.

Someone, and I am not going to say who (cough*hollowine*cough) has put me out of my misery.

(in reply to mgriffith)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: GOOD SANTAS REVEAL DAY- 2017 US CT Secret Santa Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI